➶17

➶➶➶
"See, I need you and sometimes we need to
Shed our facade and be just who we are
All broken and torn, we could be stars"
- Alessia Cara
➶➶➶

April woke up Sunday morning, her blankets tangled around her, and one of her pillows on the floor as her left leg hung over the side of the bed

April woke up Sunday morning, her blankets tangled around her, and one of her pillows on the floor as her left leg hung over the side of the bed. She hadn't dreamt a single nightmare.

She turned her head to the side, seeing her alarm clock that read 12:13. There was also light rushing in through her window, so it was way past midnight.

She sat up, rubbing the remaining sleep out of her eyes. She felt completely rested for the first time in a while, and threw on a sweatshirt before leaving her room.

Her Mom was at work, yes, she even worked on Sundays, but Jisung was sitting on a stool next to the kitchen counter, texting someone on his phone. He put it down immediately when he saw April though, not getting up, but looking back at her curiously.

Yesterday, she had come home around noon, even though she'd left early in the morning. She swore only an hour had passed, but clearly that wasn't true.

Chenle hadn't gone home, or so she assumed because he had said, "I don't want to go back to that dump," which she also didn't understand because he always wore a uniform from the rich school on the other side of town.

Well, she didn't really care. The point was that she had come home to see her mother and Jisung panicking and a second away from calling the police.

She'd explained to them the situation, watched Jisung sigh in relief, and her mother's face pale. Her Mom hadn't offered any explanation to that, and had left for work without saying anything. April had been asleep when she came home, and now she was asleep when she left as well.

"You slept a lot," Jisung said, April laughing at his messy bed head, while he frowned and tried to fix it.

"Do you know when Mom's going to be home today?" she asked, grabbing cereal from their cabinet and just sticking her hand in the box, not bothering for a bowl or milk.

"I don't," Jisung said, giving her a disgusted look.

"Leave me and my cereal eating habits alone," she said, shaking her head.

April didn't know what her Mom was so scared about, but she let it fade to the back of her mind and relished in the peace she could finally feel. She was alive. And sure, she was living on a condition, but all she had to do was get some stupid apple, right?

Everything was going back to normal. She was okay, she'd get an apple, and continue to be okay.

"Oh, do you remember what's happening on Monday?" Jisung asked.

"What?" she asked, absentmindedly munching on a cheerio.

"We have our special classes at the warehouse starting," Jisung said, like he wasn't just destroying her positive attitude. "You can pick out people to come with you on your quest too."