➶7

➶ ➶ ➶
"When tomorrow comes, we get farther away
Pretend you don't know from now on
Love and fest all you have to do
Love and fest"
-Last Carnival, Monsta X
➶ ➶ ➶

➶ ➶ ➶"When tomorrow comes, we get farther awayPretend you don't know from now onLove and fest all you have to doLove and fest" -Last Carnival, Monsta X➶ ➶ ➶

*chapter seven*

"You'll be safe from the gods," Prometheus said, laying a gentle hand on April's shoulder. "For now, at least. I'll have to conference with them over the weekend, but nothing will happen to you as of now. At least nothing that's related to them..."

April sighed, nodding her head. She felt tense that she didn't know what her future would be, but she decided that that wasn't much different from how it normally was.

Granted, this time it was the question of her life or death rather than how she would make money.

"What do you mean 'nothing that's related to them?'" Jisung asked.

The three of them, April, Jisung, and Prometheus were the only people left behind the black curtain in the back of the warehouse. Everyone else had gone back out to the main section, ready to head back to their schools and continue on with life like it was normal.

Jisung hadn't left April's side after everything that had just happened, and she was honestly grateful for that. Some of the same natural fear still lingered in her gut, but she felt safe with him next to her.

"I'll get to that in a moment," Prometheus said, "I'd also like to have a private word with April, if you don't mind."

Jisung looked down at his best friend, her gulping but nodding anyway. He patted her back, then ducked back out from the black curtain.

"You don't have to fear me," Prometheus said, "And I just wanted to make you a promise."

"A promise?" April asked.

"Yes, but not just an ordinary promise," he said, "You see, I am not a mortal, or even a god. I'm a Titan. My kind has all been punished, even I have been brutally punished by the gods for centuries. So when I make a promise, it's not something that can be easily broken. Or rather, if I do, I will definitely be punished for the rest of eternity."

"Then don't make me a promise-" April started. 

"I want to," he said, "You deserve it."

April was about to argue, but some part of her subconsciously knew that she would never win, so she just slowly nodded her head again.

"April, I promise that the twelve great Olympians will never kill you or seriously physically harm you in any way," he said, "I will put in my full effort, and if it still fails, I will accept whatever burdens the universe decides to place on me."