➶21

➶➶➶
"Here we go, here we go, spread your wings
Even if it gets snapped and get hurt again
You're stronger than anyone
I'll still love you even in the future and beyond"
- Hello Future, NCT Dream
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"Here we go, here we go, spread your wingsEven if it gets snapped and get hurt againYou're stronger than anyoneI'll still love you even in the future and beyond"- Hello Future, NCT Dream➶➶➶

Chenle woke up feeling like shit.

Just another Tuesday.

He shut off his alarm in frustration, missing the button the first time, and then hitting it so hard the next time that it fell off his bedside table and broke.

"Fuck," he muttered, but didn't pay it any mind as he stumbled out of bed, pulling on his school uniform.

His body was shivering, but he didn't feel cold, instead he felt like he was burning up. When he looked in the mirror he realized his entire face was flushed red.

Am I sick? he thought, before remembering he was awesome enough to not get sick.

Yeah. Not sick. Nope.

He brushed his hair out, then threw a sweatshirt over his uniform. He left his room after grabbing his backpack, each step seeming to send a stab of pain up to his forehead.

Which was odd because he wasn't sick.

Breakfast was laid out for him on the table and bustling sounds came out from the kitchen.

"Chenle, is that you?" the voice of his family's assistant came out from the room, and then the sound of pots and pans falling on the floor with a clatter. "Uhm shit. Your breakfast is on the table!"

"Thanks," Chenle mumbled, his throat feeling kind of sore and preventing him from speaking up.

Strange, that really only happened when he was sick.

His father had a couple maids and staff members around his house because he was never home and someone needed to watch over his problematic son. His family assistant, Ilsung, had been around since before Chenle could remember.

Back in the day, he had apparently been his father's best friend, so naturally he knew about everything. About who Chenle really was and about his mother, Euphrosyne.

After Euphrosyne left, Ilsung told Chenle that his father had seemed to lose a part of himself, and that he dove down deeper into his work as a way to cope. That was great and all, but it meant that he forgot about everything else, and Chenle looking so much like that mother of his was just distraction and a source of pain. So he was away from home all day except a couple evenings of the week.