➶22

➶➶➶
"Cause later when I become addicted to life
Honestly the medication I eat when I'm sick has no effect
But I'll go up, I'll fly
I'll head upwards, yeah"
-Mixtape #1, Stray Kids
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"Cause later when I become addicted to lifeHonestly the medication I eat when I'm sick has no effectBut I'll go up, I'll flyI'll head upwards, yeah"-Mixtape #1, Stray Kids➶➶➶

April had been having a fairly normal morning.

Which, let's not forget, was a stroke of luck for her.

She'd woken up, not a trace of unwanted or uncommon fear in her mind. She'd actually managed to digest breakfast (she'd been so unsettled for the past couple days that she hadn't been able to), and then she'd walked to school and even Jisung said she looked "brighter than normal."

Her and Jisung had even gotten to homeroom early, and she hadn't immediately flopped over to sleep on her desk. In fact, her homeroom teacher gave her baffled look when she cheerily greeted her as she walked in.

But how fast that was all ruined.

When Chenle walked in the room, she'd fiercely told herself that she wasn't going to let him get on her nerves. No amount of shin kicking or teasing would spoil her day.

Except that for when he sat down, he looked off. His cheeks were definitely tinged red, and his eyelids drooped down, a dazed look coming from deep in his pupils. After a closer look, April realized that his hands were even shaking slightly.

"Man, what is wrong with you?" she asked, the usual playfulness that she talked to him with in her voice.

He didn't respond, and he didn't move at all. At first, April got pissed thinking he was ignoring her and turned her head away stubbornly. It took a minute before she realized he genuinely didn't hear her.

"Are you okay?" she asked, her voice a bit concerned as she stared at him for a second longer.

This time he seemed to hear her, jumping up a bit in her seat. His head slowly turned to her, his drowsy eyes locking onto her for a minute. It was long enough to make goosebumps prickle up her arms, and he seemed to be staring at her so deeply that she felt like he wasn't really looking at her, but something else entirely.

"No," he finally said, so softly April barely heard it.

The next second passed by in a flash, so fast that April didn't actually see it happening. However, she looked down and saw Chenle unconscious and leaning against her shoulder.

She started a bit, surprised. After she came out of her shock she realized that his face felt really hot against her shoulder, and when she nervously gave his head a timid pat, it was burning up.