➶10

➶➶➶
"I guess everyone else is happier than me
Can you look at me? 'Cause I am blue and grey
The meaning of my tears reflected in a mirror
Color hidden in a smile blue and grey"
-Blue and Grey, BTS
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"I guess everyone else is happier than meCan you look at me? 'Cause I am blue and greyThe meaning of my tears reflected in a mirrorColor hidden in a smile blue and grey"-Blue and Grey, BTS➶➶➶

*chapter ten*

Zhong Chenle walked home from school the day after the 'special field trip,' not knowing what to think.

At first, he didn't believe any of it. Greek mythology being real? It was ridiculous.

But slowly things had come together inside of him. The pieces that had been missing had collected inside his chest, coming together to form a whole, the first time the boy had felt whole in his entire life.

It was real. And that discovery made him feel better than he ever had before.

He'd never known his mother. He had vague memories of someone's clear, beautiful laughter that always seemed to make him happy, but that was it. He didn't know how she looked, how her actual voice sounded, or how it felt to simply have her touch him.

His father had also never told him anything about her. Anytime Chenle brought it up he would quickly shut him up, like he was scared. Like he genuinely didn't want Chenle to discover who his mother up.

When he was young, Chenle couldn't understand why he did that. But now he did.

His father was a rich business man. He wasn't the most ethical of men either. He liked to be powerful. He liked to be in control.

And he didn't like to be reminded of the woman that made him weak.

Apparently, Chenle looked a bit like his mother as- well, as most children do. That simple fact was something that had kept his father away from him. He was something his father liked to control, and he was too weak to fight back.

He did it in his own little ways though, and he was determined to talk to his father about his mother today. Even if he pushed him further away.

His phone buzzed and he groaned pulling it out of his pocket. There were messages from both his father and his driver.

Ignore this number
I sent your driver to your school to pick you up
(seen at 2:30)
Why aren't you at school?
Zhong Chenle answer me

Driver
Chenle where are you
Please answer I don't want to tell your father
(seen at 2:45)
Sorry but I told him
He's probably mad
I just don't want to get fired pls

Chenle smirked slightly to himself. His driver wasn't a bad person, Chenle actually liked him a tiny bit. But he also liked to rebel in whatever way he could, which meant walking home while it was still kind of warm outside.