➶13

➶➶➶
"Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear"
-Lovely, Billie Eilish and Khalid
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of hereEven if it takes all night or a hundred yearsNeed a place to hide, but I can't find one nearWanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear"-Lovely, Billie Eilish and Khalid➶➶➶

*chapter thirteen*

April tossed in her sleep, her covers tangled around her body, sweat plastered on her forehead. The moonlight filtered in through her window as her body shook, dreams passing behind her closed eyelids.

A hallway lined with gold. Light seemed to simply present itself, filling up the space with no clear source. A warm breeze blew in from an open window, the scent of all good things carried with it.

A man walked down the hallway, his boots hitting the ground softly. A white tunic covered his body, green laurel leaves sitting on his light brown curls. A black cloak lay on his shoulders, fastened together at his chest with a pin that looked like a silver bird.

His face was turned away from April's viewpoint, and he walked slowly, but with purpose, his whole being seeming to glow with pleasant light.

Heavy, rushed footsteps came from down the hallway, the sound alone filling the hallway, almost giving off a sense of authority.

"Apollo!" a deep voice shouted from their direction, "What is the meaning of this?"

The man, or Apollo, stopped walking for a moment, only to begin moving down the hallway again, at a faster pace this time.

"Stop avoiding me!" the voice said again, another man grabbing Apollo's wrist to stop him from moving further down the hallway.

April flinched in her sleep, her eyes aching as her visions tilted downwards, only showing her the sight of their boots against the white, marble floor.

"Father," Apollo said, his voice soft, but clear that it was because he didn't want to talk with the other man. "I...I don't know what you're talking about."

"Lies!" the man's booming voice shouted, "The girl. You claimed her. Yet she lives. She's your child! You ignored every rule that we've set down for centuries! Are you out of your mind?!"

"We have been!" he shouted in return, "For centuries, we have been out of our minds! Sure, our children carry dangerously impressive power, but what right does that give us to kill them? How could you expect me to continue killing my own children? How do you even do it? This is madness!"