➶16

➶➶➶
"Imagine if we never felt fear
Imagine if we were brave enough to never hide the tears"
- imagine if, gnash
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"Imagine if we never felt fearImagine if we were brave enough to never hide the tears"- imagine if, gnash➶➶➶

*chapter sixteen*

April walked through the thick fog, trailing behind Abner and Chenle. It seemed like the fog was growing thicker around her as she kept walking, and knowing who she was about to see, that was probably true.

"How much longer?" Chenle whined, tapping Abner's shoulder.

"Shut it," April snapped, resisting the urge to kick him.

"You shut it."

"You talked first!"

"Both of you," Abner said, "shush."

April crossed her arms, letting out a puff of annoyed air. She liked distracting herself from the anxiety eating away at her by pissing Chenle off.

He just stuck his tongue out at her, turning back around in a relaxed posture, his hands tucked leisurely away in his pockets.

Seriously, is he a kid? April thought, before dismissing the thought.

"Abner," she asked, after a moment. "How much longer?"

"Oh my god," Chenle groaned, definitely exaggerating his reaction.

"We're almost there," Abner said, "I would suggest you guys clean up your act before you meet literal gods."

"Why are you being responsible?" Chenle asked, April actually agreeing with the question, but not showing it at all.

"I can be a responsible figure at times, little grace," Abner said, clicking his tongue.

"Well, stop," Chenle said, shivering. "It's creepy."

Abner gave him a disappointed look, before continuing to walk in the same direction without another word. Chenle and April remained silent too, as the atmosphere around them began to change.

Very slowly, the fog started thinning away. It almost sounded like soft voices were coming out of it, tiny ones like children's voices that were lazily playing on the breeze. The three of them ignored it, they were prepared for seemingly strange things.

As the fog cleared, April felt the hairs on the back of her neck stick up, some type of primal instinct kicking in that wherever she was going, it'd be better if she turned around.