➶2

➶ ➶ ➶
"The days we grew up together
The heart that will become stronger
The day that will wait for us
We will shine the light on each other"
-Best Friend, NCT Dream

➶ ➶ ➶"The days we grew up togetherThe heart that will become strongerThe day that will wait for usWe will shine the light on each other"-Best Friend, NCT Dream➶ ➶ ➶

*chapter two*

"Told you we were getting kidnapped," the girl said with a shrug.

"April, not the time," Jisung groaned, nervously fixing his hair with his hands over and over.

The group of five teens stood on the dirt path, all bent over with their hands on their knees as they panted, out of breath after sprinting after their bus to no avail.

The forest around them had previously seemed open and friendly, but now that they were alone with no clue how to get out, it seemed ominous and dark. April sighed heavily, fear spreading through her heart no matter how indifferent she made herself appear.

"What do you think happened?" Jaemin asked, somehow still having a generally good attitude about the whole situation.

"He ditched us, that's what fucking happened," Renjun said, his mood the complete opposite from Jaemin.

"Yeah, but why?" Jaemin asked.

"The hell if I know."

"Thanks, that was very helpful," April said, joining their conversation with an eye roll.

"It wasn't meant to be," Renjun scoffed.

"Guys," Jeno said, "I really don't think fighting is going to help us out of this situation."

"Neither is not fighting though," Renjun said.

The three of them continued arguing while Jisung stood towards the back, obviously freaking out by the way his hands continuously raked through his now unkempt hair. April felt herself freaking out too, but before she lost her temper, the sun came out from behind the clouds, shining its golden rays on the girl.

No one else seemed to care, but April breathed in its warmth for all it was worth. She immediately felt better, like she was at home with her Mom and Jisung. She could almost feel her mother's hands soothingly stroking her hair, something that always calmed her down whenever she was upset in any way.

She took in three deep breaths, the light from the sun splaying over her face and body. She'd been tired all morning, it was a Monday after all, but now she felt rejuvenated and convinced she could face anything the world threw at her.

She turned her face away from the sky and back to Jisung, who was her first priority over the arguing teens.

She pulled his hands out of his hair, the boy looking a little surprised but recovering when he saw that it was just her.