➶20

➶➶➶
"I wanna tell you love to you
So no one can change it
That's what I've decided, love you 24/7
My protagonist"
- Irreplaceable, NCT Dream
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"I wanna tell you love to youSo no one can change itThat's what I've decided, love you 24/7My protagonist"- Irreplaceable, NCT Dream➶➶➶

April stood in the middle of the clearing, trees with targets painted on them all around her. A beautifully carved bow sat in her right hand, as if it was meant to fit there. A quiver, or basically a pouch, perched on the ground next to it, arrows spilling out of them. Sunlight dappled through the trees, shadows shaped like leaves covering the grass she stood on, but also illuminating the targets in front of her.

But it was just a nice gift from her father, right? It wasn't like he actually expected April to use it or anything-

"So, I'll start by teaching you the proper stance," Prometheus said, still standing behind her. "If we're lucky, most of this will come naturally to you, as you are Apollo's daughter."

"Right," she replied, a little out of it. "He's the Archer-god or something."

Prometheus ignored her comment and unenthusiastic tone, instead moving closer to give her instructions.

"Okay stand with your shoulders perpendicular to your target," he said.

"Dude, what?" April asked, "Instruction manuals aren't my strong suit."

Prometheus blinked as he stood in silence for a minute. Centuries of living and not a single soul had ever addressed him as dude.

"Stand sideways so that your left shoulder is facing the target you're aiming at," he said, rephrasing and adding a couple more details.

"Nice," she said, "wait, left hand? You know I'm right handed?"

"Yes," Prometheus said, "You hold the bow with your non-dominant hand, but we'll get to that as soon as you get your stance down."

April nodded, positioning her body as he told her. It felt a little weird, even after he adjusted her feet to where they were supposed to be (which was roughly shoulder length apart and firmly into the ground).

"I've seen people in movies jump all over the place and shoot arrows accurately," she said, "Is my feet positioning really that important?"

"Well, with enough practice it should become automatic for you, and then maybe that will be possible?" Prometheus said, not entirely sure. "But in any case, your shots will be much better with your feet firmly on the ground."

April grumbled, but listened to what he said, fumbling around a bit until she felt like her feet were two tree trunks pushing out of the dirt.

"Okay," Prometheus said, "See this little part that sticks out? Put the front of the arrow on top of it, like it's resting there."

April did as he asked, but as soon as the arrow was in her hand it was like she no longer needed instructions. The arrow was made of firm wood, the tip a sharp metal that could cut through anybody in a flash, but the whole weapon felt oddly soft to April.