➶14

➶➶➶
"If I only could bring
All of the feelings out off our minds
There would have no fear
And the misunderstanding"
-No Longer, NCT 127
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"If I only could bringAll of the feelings out off our mindsThere would have no fearAnd the misunderstanding"-No Longer, NCT 127➶➶➶

*chapter fourteen*

The rest of the week passed by in a blur of regular school stress and spots of anxiety that would randomly pop up out of nowhere. Prometheus' meeting with the gods was supposed to happen soon, and April felt like doom was about to come pouring down on her.

Or maybe, you know, death.

April lay on her bed, staring at her roof as the day seemed to simply slip by. It was Friday, tomorrow the conference would happen. If she survived, the week after that would start their continued special field trips to learn how to live in this new world.

If she didn't survive...would everybody else be fine? Would the gods kill her friends too to keep them silent? Would Abner, who had discovered her, be silenced too? What kind of punishment would Apollo be facing? Prometheus? Mark? The other members of the council? Her mother?

April heard something bump into her window, turning her head over curiously. A shriek tore out of her throat when she saw a harpie sitting at the window, it's wide eyes staring at her.

The Gods were watching her.

Her door slammed open and she toppled off the bed, her blankets covering her shaking body, but her not making an effort to wiggle out of them. Sobs shook her body, and the now familiar anxiety spiked in her chest.

Forget everybody else, she was going to die. She didn't want to die. She still wanted to live. She wanted to find out what the world of Greek mythology was, the positive sides of it filled with light. She wanted to meet her father. She wanted to get to know Abner, and other creatures like him.

She wanted to continue to see her mother and Jisung everyday. She wanted to build a deeper relationship with Renjun, Jeno, and Jaemin. Even Chenle. She wanted to know him at least a little bit. She wanted to know if her brother was really gone, and find him if he wasn't.

She wanted to breathe, and smell, and taste, and hear, and feel. She wanted to walk and run so much that her lungs burned. She wanted to be hugged, and to give so many hugs. She wanted to scream and whisper all at once, to hear multiple voices in her head that she sometimes didn't like.

She wanted to live.

The blanket was lifted off her head, and someone wrapped the rest of it around her body instead. She felt someone wrap their arms over the blanket, resting their head against April's shoulder. Her body immediately responded, completely falling onto the other person.