➶3

➶ ➶ ➶
"You in my sheet music, I can't erase you
Broken tales of the two of us
In my ears, broken tales of the two of us
I'm dizzy, it's more painful"
- Faded In My Last Song, NCT U

➶ ➶ ➶"You in my sheet music, I can't erase youBroken tales of the two of usIn my ears, broken tales of the two of usI'm dizzy, it's more painful"- Faded In My Last Song, NCT U➶ ➶ ➶

*chapter three*

"Charity project?" April scoffed, repeating the words the boy had just spoke.

She was disgusted that anyone would ever think of Jisung, her best friend in the entire world, as a simple project. He was so much more than that, despite his rocky beginnings that weren't his fault.

"Congratulations, you can hear," the boy said, rolling his eyes.

"Excuse me?" April said, taking a step closer to him.

"You heard me."

Jisung placed his hand across the girl's shoulders, pushing her back into Jaemin, who placed both his hands on her shoulders, holding her in place.

"April," he said, "This is Chenle. He helped me when I, uhm, spent time on the streets, before you found me. And Chenle, this is April. She found me and took me in."

"So that's where you disappeared off to," the boy, or Chenle said, shrugging his shoulders indifferently.

"I don't care who he is," April said, "And you shouldn't either, Jisung."

"I think you're overreacting a bit," Jisung admitted, "He helped me a lot, just like you except his parents wouldn't accept me. So, uhh, chill."

April sighed, maybe she was overreacting. So she shook it off, sending one last glare at Chenle before shaking Jaemin off her and turning around. She'd like to have been able stomp away, but she didn't exactly want to wander around the old warehouse.

Chenle didn't move, eyeing the girl with a successful smirk on his lips.

I won, he thought, turning his head away.

A voice from the front of the warehouse attracted their attention, breaking the tension that had sprung up in the group.

"Good morning, kids," the older man that had lead Chenle in earlier said. "My name's Aeolus, and it's nice to see you all safely here today."

April mulled his name over in her head, Aeolus. It sounded oddly familiar, but she couldn't quite place her finger on where she'd heard it before.

April looked closer at the other people around where the older man and Mark were standing. Besides them, there was one woman and three other men, all of them giving off an impressive sort of air, making April feel self conscious to even be in the same room as them.