➶15

➶➶➶
"There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now"
-You Are The Reason, Calum Scott
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"There goes my heart beating'Cause you are the reasonI'm losing my sleepPlease come back now"-You Are The Reason, Calum Scott➶➶➶

*chapter fifteen*

April didn't get any sleep for the rest of the night, just stared at the wall in front of her with a blank expression waiting to feel something.

Once the decision was reached in Mount Olympus there was a high chance her demigod instincts would react and she'd immediately know if she was in any danger. After all, if she had panic attacks when nothing was going on, she had to have panic attacks when something was going on too, right?

Hopefully.

She groaned, wishing she could pluck the sun out of the sky and make it stay forever nighttime, where a decision would never be reached.

I'm the daughter of Apollo, she thought, I should not be wishing for the sun's disappearance.

Knowing she wasn't ever going to fall asleep, she swung her body out of bed, changing into a pair of sweatpants and not bothering to even run a brush through her hair.

She did tie it up though, on the consideration that the gods would be more likely to keep around a pretty demigod than an ugly one.

The floorboards creaked as she walked out of her room, wincing when the door refused to close silently.

It was a Saturday morning, so nobody was awake this early. Unless someone had a job or insomnia (like herself), they would not sacrifice sleeping in. If they did, they were just plain stupid.

Besides, she wanted to be alone, and not because she was uncomfortable, but because she still didn't know what the fate of her friends and family would be. If she was about to get swiped away, she'd strongly prefer she got swiped away alone.

She felt exposed, like someone was watching her, which she supposed was true. Her eyes darted around her, wide open for every little movement, even regular ones.

As soon as she stepped into the outside air, she heard a flap of wings, looking behind her to see a couple harpies tailing her.

"You guys will never get less creepy," she said, and then shuddered while walking away, actively ignoring the fact that they were following her.

Grey clouds painted the sky and rain was pouring down. A thin layer of fog spread through the buildings, as if it was trying to trick her into going the wrong way.