➶24

➶➶➶
"I want to reach the stars
I want to feel the breeze
I ride and fly up the dream that's reflected on the water, stretched out like a jewel"
-Magic Carpet Ride, NCT 127
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"I want to reach the starsI want to feel the breezeI ride and fly up the dream that's reflected on the water, stretched out like a jewel"-Magic Carpet Ride, NCT 127➶➶➶

Chenle wasn't sick. And this time he meant it.

Whatever it was that was going on with his body, it seemed to be plaguing him from deep within. Like something that had been hidden was bursting through, breaking all floodgates or previous barriers and resistances and coming out in the form of a fever and a runny nose.

But that wasn't all it was doing, it was playing with his mind. He'd been asleep almost all day, the nurse had called his father, who hadn't been able to come pick him up. Neither could his driver or Ilsung, as they were busy helping him.

Despite the fact that he'd been asleep, he didn't feel rested at all. He felt like he'd been awake the entire time, just in a different time and space, just with someone or, more likely, something, broadcasting some private, messed up show to him.

Dreams that couldn't be dreams, that had to be something more.

Your time has come, a voice whispered to him, Prove who you really are, child of Euphrosyne.

The voice was soft, but loud at the same time. Smooth, but rough. Heavenly, but terrible.

There and then gone, a flash of images playing before Chenle's mind. An eagle wrapped around a dove. A spear through a young girl's chest. Two suns with a shadow between them. An apple rolling on the floor. An empty cage, with its door swinging open. Clouds plummeting to the ground. A broken sickle dripping with golden blood. And a moon setting behind a mountain that rose high into the sky.

Go, the voice would say multiple times, it is time.

When Chenle finally woke up at the end of the school day, the nurse was about to send him to the emergency room. Apparently, he'd been muttering things in his sleep, tossing and turning, and shaking the whole day. She'd kept throwing the blanket back over him. The only thing that kept her from sending him right away was the fact that his father was an important man with a lot of influence, and she hadn't wanted to do anything without his explicit permission.

Just as her arguably good judgement was about to win over her fear, Chenle woke up, stumbled out of the nurse's office, and ended up outside the school, dazed as the fresh air hit him smack in the face.

He'd been seeing the image of two suns all day that seeing one made him even more discombobulated than he already was.

I should talk to someone about these, about this, he thought, Maybe someone at the warehouse can help me...wait.