➶19

➶➶➶
"What fun is it, to bein' so calculated
Or be taken advantage of
'Cause your heart's too trusting
Silent expressed push my head into my chest
- Brain & Heart, Melanie Martinez
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"What fun is it, to bein' so calculatedOr be taken advantage of'Cause your heart's too trustingSilent expressed push my head into my chest- Brain & Heart, Melanie Martinez➶➶➶

The bus pulled up into the dirt path in the woods and then promptly stopped, opening its doors and dumping the students out before driving away.

"Seriously, how much do they pay him to do this?" Renjun muttered.

April shook her head, just as confused as him. Mark had been waiting there for the bus and gestured to them when they got out with a smile, leading them to the warehouse.

The woods were silent today, as if they were waiting for something. April shivered, she was accustomed to the feeling of being watched by now, but it still freaked her out sometimes.

Unlike the first time at the school, April wasn't the only one to recognize the odd atmosphere. Jisung stuck close to her side while everyone else hugged their arms around their body. Even Chenle looked slightly shaken, but he was clearly trying to act tough in front of April and Jisung, mostly out of his need to be stubborn.

Mark, however, didn't appear to be effected at all. He walked with a straight posture, his arms hanging loosely at his sides. Every now and then he would look behind him to make sure they were all still there, giving a slight smile when he made eye contact.

Eventually, the warehouse came into view, pale, grey stones covered in crawling green vines. Mark walked up to the door, taking the circular key out of his pocket from the first time they came to the warehouse.

"I've been wondering about this," April said, pointing at it, "but what type of key is that?"

"Oh," Mark said, turning around and holding it up for them to see. "This isn't actually a key. It's a drachma, or the currency of Ancient Greece. But this is technically one belonging to the gods, so it's like...a fancy one, I guess? Aeolus can explain it better than I can, but just know that only someone who knows about Greek mythology can get one of these, meaning only our community can get in this warehouse. It's very effective, actually."

"Just open the door," Renjun said.

"Jeez, fine."

Mark stuck the coin into the slot on the door, a clicking sound coming out before he pushed it open. Once again, they were among the last group to arrive, the warehouse already full of students wearing different uniforms.

"Oh, Chenle," Mark said, noticing him as he walked inside. "Did you transfer to their school?"

"Yup," Chenle responded, popping the end of the word.