➶8

➶➶➶
"Stars pouring over you without you noticing
You smile and a new flower blooms
The more I see you running
The faster my heart beats
While I hold your little hand like this"
-All About You, NCT U
➶➶➶

➶➶➶"Stars pouring over you without you noticingYou smile and a new flower bloomsThe more I see you runningThe faster my heart beatsWhile I hold your little hand like this"-All About You, NCT U➶➶➶

*chapter eight*

April sat in the bus seat, her legs dangling over the edge as she faced the seat across the isle from her.

Jisung was asleep next to her, his whole body leaning against the window. Jeno and Jaemin were also asleep in the seat behind them, Renjun being only other one awake as he occupied the seat April was currently facing.

They had all exchanged numbers before they fell asleep, but slowly they all drifted off as the last twenty minutes of their trip home started.

"How do you feel about being the child of a mythical being?" April asked him.

"It doesn't surprise me, honestly," Renjun said, "All my life, it was like something was missing, you know? Now it's complete."

"Yeah, I know," April said, smiling.

"How does it feel to be the daughter of Apollo?" Renjun asked.

"Not as cool as you'd expect to feel," she said, frowning, "I don't feel complete, like you say you feel. I think it's because I know I'm supposed to be dead, so I guess I'll never feel 'complete.' But other than that, it just feels normal."

Renjun nodded, kind of understanding what she getting at.

The two remained silent for a moment, just lost in their thoughts.

"Do you think we'll ever meet them?" he asked, quietly.

April leaned her head against the back of her seat, staring at the ceiling of the bus for a second.

"Probably not."

➶➶➶

The bus rolled away as April once again stood in front of her school.

It felt different now. And not just because she wasn't April the random sophomore anymore, but now April the daughter of Apollo. The air just felt different.

It was more tense.

April shrugged it off, waking back into the building with her backpack slung over her shoulder. Jisung walked next to her, sleepily rubbing his eyes, along with the three other boys.