➶9

➶➶➶
"Sometimes I cry, sometimes I laugh
I have expectations and I go through pain
I get butterflies once again and become dull
Following my heart, the way that I am"
-That's Okay, D.O.
➶➶➶

*chapter nine*

*chapter nine*

April stood in front of the exit of the school, nervously clutching onto the straps of her backpack as she bounced on her heels.

Jisung, Renjun, Jaemin, and Jeno had all already left the building and were patiently waiting for her. None of the bird ladies, or harpies, had attacked them, but April was still nervous.

She wasn't like them after all.

What if they really are here for me? What if they attack me as soon as I step outside? What if they kill me? Oh my god didn't some bird pluck out Prometheus' gut or something, what if that's about to become me-

"You're blocking the entrance, what's taking you so long?" a random kid behind her asked.

"I'm thinking!" she shouted, glaring at him.

"Jeez, okay, I'll just use the other door..."

April flushed in embarrassment before finally taking a deep breath and pushing the doors open with both hands. She ran outside, squeezing her eyes shut as she covered her head, letting out a small squeal.

Only for nothing to happen.

"Are you...okay?" one girl who was walking past her asked.

"I'm fine!" April shouted, "I'll leave now, parting is such sweet sorrow-"

While the girl began hurriedly walking away, Jisung grabbed April's shoulders steering her away.

"Don't start quoting Shakespeare," he whispered, the girl just frantically nodding.

The two of them reached Renjun, Jaemin, and Jeno, all three of them who were busy laughing their asses off at April, who just covered her beet red face in embarrassment.

"Oh my gosh, you were so stupid!" Renjun shouted, "I can't believe you actually told that kid that you were thinking-"

"Okay, shut up," Jeno said, clamping his mouth shut with his hand. "On another note, since the harpies aren't doing anything, they probably do mean nothing."

April yelped and jumped away as a bunch of the harpies in question landed on the ledge next to where she was standing, staring at her with wide curious eyes while fluttering their wings.