chapter 63

Hiya!
Make sure to comment. I love reading your thoughts and feedback. : )

I missed you guys🥺

Also extra long chapter to make up for your extra long wait <3

Desolate.

Confused.

Lost.

Isn't it crazy how fast things can turn on you? Less than a year ago, Ah ro's life was normal. Well normal in terms of the fact that she didn't have her life at constant risk.

Sitting here beside a relative stranger, she felt devoid of all emotion.

Minghao glanced at the girl beside him. He went to pick her up as soon as he received the call from Sola. Not wasting time, in case she'd change her mind. It was upsetting seeing the girl you love, so broken.

Shaking his head, he shifted his gaze back to the road, but let his mind wander back.

16 years ago.

Disoriented and frightened an 8 year old boy, wandered into a crowd. A foreign language was being thrown around and the Chinese boy, felt his fears grow a tenfold in the unknown place. He had been with his mother until he wandered off and now he was lost.

He continued to walk until he remembered something his mother told him.

"Minghao if you are ever lost. Stay put. I'll always find you my love." The little boy froze, spotting an empty bench, he decided it was best to wait there. Trusting naively that his mother would come to find him. Even when hours had past, and the sun began to set. The boy stood firm in his belief that his mother would find him.

As much as he wanted to ask for help, he couldn't. He didn't speak the language. He didn't even know what language it was. As the street lights flickered on, the boy's lips began to quiver. Finally after the long wait, he began to cry. He was scared. Scared he'd never see his mommy again. Clutching the stuffed toy to his chest, he closed his eyes and wished for his mom to appear before her.

From across the street, a woman spotted the young boy and rushed over to him.

Gingerly placing her hand on the child's shoulder, she asked him if he was alright. The boy didn't reply.

Rather, he couldn't. He wasn't sure what she was saying.

"Are you lost?" The lady repeated in korean.

Minghao called for him mom in Chinese, the lady recognized the language and luckily for Minghao she spoke it as well. Taking the boys hand, she promised she would help him find his mommy.

The lady, Kim Sooyoung, was a social worker. Helping people was in her nature, so of course she wanted to help the boy.

At the police station, she filed a report hoping that the mother would come by soon in search of her son.