chapter 36

I couldn't leave you all with a cliffhanger like that so... AH RO POV from before the crash. 

The pain was immeasurable, it felt like i was getting scalped or something

The pain was immeasurable, it felt like i was getting scalped or something. I hid the pain though. Seeing Jisung and being close to him made me feel warm. It made it more bearable.

"I'm okay, now go." As much as I wanted him to be as close to me as possible I realized that right now it was more important for us to get out.

I laid back down and waited patiently as Jisung went far way. Taeyong had followed behind with Hana leaving me alone. Closing my eyes, I told myself to take deep breaths while I applied pressure to where blood was gushing out of my head. With each passing second I felt more and more lightheaded. My mind replayed the day's events making the tears rush more urgently out of my tightly shut eyes.

"Mina." I said out softly. She really betrayed us. My thoughts where interrupted by thunder. It shook the ground beneath me making more dust float up. I coughed sitting up looking for Jisung. I wanted to get out.

That's when I saw it. The top part of the building broke off. Like it was a lego building piece by piece broke off and began sliding down. The concrete crumbling as if it was just mere dirt. My heart kept out of my chest as the anxiety built up. I searched for Jisung and spotted him being dragged away as  most of the building came down.

Screaming I curled up. Opening my eyes I saw a huge block falling towards me.

I held my breath. Suddenly someone climbed over me. I gasped seeing a familiar boy hover over me waiting to take the blow for me. The flank fell on top of him.

"MOVE!" He yelled, his face becoming red, the veins in his face and neck popping. He was holding up a concrete slab that weighed more than him. I rolled away and stood up. I grabbed it and tried to hold it up myself so the boy could get away too.

"You need to move." I cried out. Why did he risk his life to save me? "Move." He shook his head.

"Find a way out of here. If I move now, everything is going to crush us." I cried harder.

"I can't leave you."

"Go." He spoke softly. The boy looked over in my direction as I tried to get myself to let go and walk away, but I really couldn't leave him. I bent down beside him, his eyes widened.

"Ah ro." he yelled out. I felt a harsh jolt as I crashed down. More had come sliding down. We were now covered.

The rocks above me became more and more heavy. Dust filled my lungs and it became harder to breath. My legs and arms and head, all of me was getting crushed. It felt like getting you finger slammed in a car door except ten time harder and all over your body.

I made eye contact with the boy beside me as I prepared for the worst.

"We're going to die." I whispered softly. My eyes feeling heavy.
"What's your name?"

"Minghao." The boy breathed out one last time. I watched the light leave his eyes. I watched the boy die.

Crying I forced my eyes shut. I'm going to die down here. I'm going to die without ever thanking Sola or Taeil. Without ever comforting Ten. Or asking Mina why. Without making sure Hana is alright.

I'm going to die without having told Jisung that I love him.

Slowly I slipped further and further into the darkness.

🥺🥺🥺

Lots of love 👁 👄 👁