chapter 53

Thank you for 150k, never in a billion years that that would be possible for me! Your immense support means so much to me! SO MUCH LOVE FOR YOU <3

Sneaking back into the house the in the morning, she knew she was going to get caught. It was 8, and after waving bye to Chenle, she had walked up to the apartment. Taking the stairs to think.

"Just forget." She repeated it to herself as she walked. Everything was finally perfect, but then this happened. She needed to repress it. Her thoughts were consuming her, depleting her energy. Halfway up the stairs, she felt like she had fun a marathon. Shaky breaths and fingers. Gripping the railing, a floodgate of emotion opened inside of her.

"Don't." She pressed. She couldn't cry. Not when she was the reason for someone's death. She needed to forget.

"Forget it. Forget it." Clambering up the rest of the stairs, she unlocked the door to the apartment.

Her attempt of "sneaking in" was a complete fail. Feeling like a deer caught in headlights, she found Sola staring right at her. Phone pressed to her ear. Ah ro knew that she was talking to Taeil about her.

"Ah ro! Where did you go?" Ah ro could hear Taeil's muffled voice too, "She's back?"

"I'm sorry unnie, I needed some fresh air."

"If you're leaving the house, I want to know Ah ro. You're always making me worry. A simple explanation is all I ask. Not even that, actually. Just one word telling me where you're going is enough." Sola was exasperated. Taking care of a teenager was so much harder than she ever thought. It didn't help that she wasn't that much older than her.

Sola felt like she was trying to hard to get to Ah ro and parent her, but it was like trying to talk to a wall. She could scream and yell, but Ah ro would still do whatever she wanted. At the end of the day that's what she signed up for though.

"I'm sorry Ah ro, I didn't mean to burst on you like that. I'm just stressed." Lately she struggled to keep her emotions at bay. Constantly anxious and stressed. "Go shower."

Sighing Sola went into the kitchen, while Ah ro scampered away to the bathroom. Her head feeling heavy as she splashed herself with cold water.

Feeling her phone buzzing in her pocket, Ah ro fished it out. Jisung's name flashed brightly on her screen. Not ready to put up a facade with him, she muted the call and tossed her phone into the laundry hamper so she wouldn't be tempted to answer.

The only way to forget about what happened was to simply ignore Jisung as long as she possibly could.

Easy right?