chapter 62

Guys I turned 18 today. Holy crap. I'm starting to think I'm too old for this app.

Enjoy : )

Sinking into the soft bed, the feeling contrasted the internal turmoil of the teenager

Sinking into the soft bed, the feeling contrasted the internal turmoil of the teenager. Her usual soft locks of hair were tangled falling upon her shoulders in a disheveled way. She looked like she had walked through hell.

Well, she had.

A whole gang is after her and the people she loves. Apparently she isn't an orphan, but that could be a lie. Which, that would be a sick joke.

And speaking of sick jokes, her so called soulmate tried strangling her. Some random stranger who isn't really a stranger forced her into a kiss. She got into her first almost gun fight. She may or may not have taken part in killing someone.

Literally everything that could be going wrong was going wrong. Taeil was in the hospital now. They had gone awol and Sola had clearly instructed her and Hana to not contact anyone. Oh wait there was one more thing. The crème de la crème, cherry on top if you will, she almost got shot. By her own guardian.

Expelling the harshest sigh ever, she closed her eyes hoping that maybe she would open them again and realize it was all a nightmare. Except it wasn't. The same dim lights filled the room.

"Ah ro. What the hell is happening?" Hana blurted into the stone cold silence.

"I wish I knew." Ah ro rasped. The pain in her throat suddenly coming back, making her suck in a sharp breath.

Her shaking fingers drew up to her neck.

"It's really bodily bruised Ro. What the fuck was Jisung on? What happened with that?" Ah ro shook her head. She didn't want to talk- about it- or in general.

"How's your arm?" Hana asked softly. Ah ro pulled up her sleeve revealing a patch of dried blood where the bullet had just narrowly grazed her. The harsh red contrasting the girl's rather porcelain skin.

"Hana." Ah ro finally spoke. "I think we're all going to die."

Hana forced out a wry laugh. Shaking her head as she forced away her own fears and tears. "No you idiot. We're not going to. Everything will be fine."

It felt stupid.

How stupid. Everything will be fine? No everything was far from fine. For a small fragment of time they had happiness, but now Ah ro was starting to realize that happiness wasn't for her. Maybe god had favorites. It was almost clear she wasn't one of them.

"Yeah." She feigned agreement. Closing her eyes again, she rolled over onto her good arm, forcing herself to sleep. Yet the war inside her head raged on and on. Her traumas dancing behind her eyes. Jisung's murderous eyes. The way he looked at her with no remorse. Minghao's honest gaze while he told her he wanted to protect her.