chapter 41

(Time Skip bc i don't want to bore you to death :0)

Jisung snuggled into the figure beside him. His arm wrapped tightly around the girl's waist, and his face tucked into her neck. He took in her sweet scent, feeling the smile spread across his face.

It's been three weeks since Ah ro was discharged from the hospital. Ah ro and Jisung had to sleep holding hands for Ah ro's healing, doctor's orders, but lately they'd been doing more than just holding hands. They got closer casually the more Ah ro healed. Her leg was still broken but her arms had healed completely which was rather miraculous. No one really understood the strength of a healing bond until you see it in its works. That first night Ah ro woke up without any bruises, and gradually things were getting better. She was even going to go back to school next week and for the first time she was ecstatic.

She still had her concussion though. Most mornings, instead of being greeted by sunlight or Jisung's face she'd only see darkness. It would take time before her vision would clear up and no amount of healing helped it.

Ah ro began to stir when Jisung squeezed her a little too tightly, he was half asleep and seemed to want his soulmate as close as possible.

"Uh ow." Ah ro mumbled. She tried to sit up and move away from him, but Jisung wanted otherwise.

"Stay a little longer." Ah ro thought his morning voice was hot and every time she thought that she would blush.

"It's like 11." She exclaimed. For a girl who spent every other second she had working part time, it was difficult for her to get used to being expected to be lazy.

"So it's still so early." Jisung pouted, finally opening his eyes to look at her. His pout deepening into a frown when we saw her blank stare.

"Can't see?" He asked. Ah ro simply nodded not wanting to worry the boy. Jisung sighed, once again pulling the girl down.

"Let's just stay until you can see." He suggested. He closed his eyes again only to be disrupted by a knock on his bedroom door. He groaned standing up to go open it.

"Morning guys!" Sola was like the sun, always bright. "Ah ro you're got a doctor's appointment today. So get ready now." Jisung rolled his eyes, secretly. The boy was still tired.

Ah ro scooted to the edge of the bed and then reached blindly for her crutches. The boy was faster than her though, he went beside her and picked her up. Walking her into the bathroom despite her protests, he plopped her down on the bathroom counter. He handed her her toothbrush and then put toothpaste on it.

The young boy helped the girl through her morning routine before getting ready himself.

"Thank you Sung." Ah ro smiled, her eyes were clearing up more, but still out of focus. Jisung simply nodded at the girl while he carried her to the kitchen.

Chenle gagged at the sight of his best friend carrying his soulmate. Jisung had changed and Chenle did not enjoy it.

"Wow Jisung it's like Ah ro doesn't have these things that help her walk. Oh wait she does." The boy rolled his eyes, flicking his orange hair out of his eyes. "Where are her crutches, she should get practice before she needs to use them at school." Chenle justifies his irritation although everyone could see right through him.

"Aw Lele are you jealous?" Ah ro's mouth drew into a sarcastic smile which Chenle returned with a glare.

"Guys you don't have to fight over me. There is enough of this," He slid his hands down his chest. "to go around." Chenle and Ah ro gagged as the rest of the kitchen filled with laughter.

"Nice to see you again, Ah ro

"Nice to see you again, Ah ro." The doctor smiled at his young patient. He began checking her charts and examining her. They took x-rays and MRIs for the ten billionth time. Dr. Choi looked at all the scans and results and then back at Ah ro.

"Hm. I don't see much difference in your scans from last time. This means that your healing bond has expended the extent of its capabilities so you and Jisung won't have to be so close every night."

"Your leg seems to have healed a little more, but with time it'll be back to new as for the concussion. I've noticed more damage in your vitreous humor. I'm assuming you've been experiencing more blind spouts?" Ah ro nodded making the doctor sigh.

"That's something that you should have told me first thing. This could be more serious than just the concussion. You could go blind gradually."

"Blind?" Sola gasped out, grabbing Ah ro's hand. "You never told me that you couldn't see that well."

Ah ro shrugged after everything that happened to her, this wasn't even the cherry on top.

"I didn't think it was a big deal." Everyone in the room collectively held their breath trying to stop their angry outbursts.

Taeil, Sola, and Jisung came with her like usual and were expecting to here about her progress not this.

"It is-" Sola was cut off by the doctor.

"We'll continue to monitor this. Ah ro I really need you to tell me every little thing. Any changes okay?" Ah ro nodded, wanting to leave.

She inwardly groaned realizing that she was about to get smoked in the car.

Hi guys!

Please stay safe and healthy now that most places are loosening regulations for quarantine :)

I NEED HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS ANYMORE PLS TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE/HAPPEN?

As always, LOVE YOU! <3