chapter 31

Lightning crackled behind the ominous unfinished building, Hana slowed down the car on the side of the road

Lightning crackled behind the ominous unfinished building, Hana slowed down the car on the side of the road. Ah ro's phone buzzed and the screen lit up with a new message.

"Leave your phones in the box by the door." She read out loud. "Here goes."

The girls did as they were told and entered the building. Their movements slow. Ah ro felt like she was walking through a minefield.

"We should have brought a weapon." Hana whispered, the girls held each other's hands as they walked feeling scared.

"We're going to be fine." Ah ro reassured her although she needed to say it out loud to comfort herself more than for Hana.

They walked over broken glass looking for someone to guide them.

"You're here." Ah ro recognized the man standing amongst the rubble. There before her was Seungcheol he smiled sinisterly at the two young girls. His anger grew him by tenfold at the sight of Ah ro who he had managed to kidnap, but was humiliated when she had slipped right from his grasp.

"Hi Ah ro, its been awhile hasn't it."

"Where's Mina?" Ah ro was surprised by her own unwavering voice, but humans were great because they were able to rise to the occasion like she was doing. She was scared, but right now she needed to be strong to save her friend.

"But you just got here the fun hasn't started yet." Seungcheol turned, wordlessly and began walking away from them. Hana and Ah ro looked at each other in confusion, but assumed the man wanted them to follow him.
They climbed the stairs of the half constructed building and walked to an area that had more men. Ah ro was quick to spot three girls lined up at a distance. Their faces covered by bags. She gasped at the sight of blood on the bags, the gruesome scene made their stomachs turn.

"We're going to play a game. I am going to ask you questions and you're going to answer. Easy right?"
"Let's start with a few easy questions, what are your names?"

"Hana." the girl blurted out quickly, she figured she needed to appease to the man so that she could stay alive to save Mina.

"Ah ro."

"Good, who are your soulmates?"

"Jeno and Jisung."

"What was the mission NCT was on last night."

"I don't know." Ah ro answered honestly. Seungcheol sighed. He loaded the gun and pointed it straight at Ah ro then moved it over to Hana. Quickly turning he shot at one of the girls in the distance. The bullet lodging in the center of her head.

The girls screamed and the tears followed after.

"We really don't know." Hana cried out when he asked again. The same was repeated for the second girl.

"Now don't you care for your little friend's life?"

"Please! Please. We don't know. They don't tell us."

"This reminds me of what happened to Ten's soulmate a couple years ago." Seungcheol smirked. His eyes void of emotion. The man was more monster than human. Ah ro couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her heart broke for Ten, finally understanding the man's hatred for her. He probably had an Amare bond and that's why he is still alive. Ah ro wanted to get revenge for Ten. She wanted to get revenge for Mina too.

"Let me ask one last time. What was their mission?" He cracked his neck as he turned back to face the front at their lack of response. "If this is how you want to play, then we can play that way." He pointed the gun at the third girl.

Ah ro lunged forward grabbing the gun and pushing it aside. The bullet shot at the wall and the gun slid out of his hand clattering on the cold concrete floor. The sound was followed by the clapping of thunder. Ah ro shuffled over and picked up the gun. It felt heavy and wrong in her hands. The gun visibly shook, but Ah ro managed to point it at Seungcheol.

Hana ran towards the girls to find Mina. As morbid as it was, she had hoped that Mina wasn't one of the girls who had gotten shot. She peered over her shoulder to make sure Ah ro was still pointing the gun at the man. She pulled off the mask of the first two girls. The bullet hole still oozing with blood. Hana's eyes burned with tears, but she found comfort in the fact that it wasn't Mina. approaching the third girl, she pulled off the mask. Holding her breath, "What? You're not Mina?" If Mina wasn't here then where was she. Hana had to find her fast, because she knew Ah ro wouldn't be in possession of the gun much longer.

"Mina!" She called out looking around.

Ah ro stepped closer to Seungcheol, but his face remained stoic and unwavering.

"Mina." He called out. Hana and Ah ro both froze. Ah ro's head snapped to her right when she noticed someone coming closer to her.

"Mina." The girl looked unscathed, unlike the pictures that Hana and she had received. "Mina, you're okay. Thank god."

Mina nodded, but her lips drew into a smirk similar to Seungcheol's, "but you won't be." Mina kicked the gun right out of Ah ro's hands.

"They are all yours oppa."

Oh my, Mina who would've thought?

my ap english test is tmrw wish me luck again, haha.

xx ily