chapter 37

It felt like I was watching a movie

It felt like I was watching a movie. Watching Johnny hyung arrive and then Taeil hyung. Watching Jeno and Hana reunite. Watching Jihyo and Sola cry.

I couldn't feel anything and it scared me. For the first time, I wanted to have emotions— but I couldn't.

The police and firemen arrived hours ago to them we weren't a gang we were just stupid kids getting caught in a tragic event.

It had been 6 whole hours since he had last seen his soulmate. 6 hours since her body was buried underneath the rock. The men were working hard moving the rocks. There was probably 15 feet of rock over her small body. Her body that could barely hold me up. The boys took their turns trying to offer comfort me, but I couldn't listen.

"Come on Jisung." Taeyong sat down beside me. "You should go get some rest. I'll stay and wait."

Turning away from him, I rested my head down on my knee.

"I'm fine." Maybe because I hadn't said anything in the last couple hours, but my voice was hoarse. My lips dry and my throat screamed for water.

"Sung-ah." Taeyong put his arm around me, but I was quick to shrug him off.

"Leave me alone! If— If you didn't tell me to clear the way, she would have made it out with all of us." I watched as the blood drained from Taeyong's face and he stood up and walked away.

Deep down, even I know that he wasn't at fault. It was my own. I should have gone back for her right away. Fighting back my tears, I stared ahead.

News outlets had been standing outside of the premise

News outlets had been standing outside of the premise. It pissed me off. I wanted to yell. To tell them to shut up and leave, but I couldn't get myself to scream.

Half the boys had left, if was just me and some of the older members and Sola. We were waiting for news. For an update. And finally after 15 hours, it came.

"Erm— we were able to find a body." Jisung's heart dropped. I stood up trying to run away, but Doyoung held onto me.

"Can we see her?" Taeyong asked softly.

"Her?" The man asked. The man opened his mouth to continue, but was interrupted.

"Captain we found someone else. They still have a pulse. It's a girl." My eyes widened.

"Ah ro!" My legs moved at their own accord. I ran towards the man, but was held back again. From beside me the medics came, I held my breath waiting for her body to come out.

They put the stretcher down and picked it back up after a minute or two, and there she was. Unconscious, bloody, but she was there.

It felt like something burst in me. My tears finally flowing out. They walked her back towards the ambulance and I followed.

"Ah ro." Her chest barely rose. Her face was covered in dirt.

I reached for her hand, but the paramedic swatted me away.

"We can't touch her." She explained as the rushed towards the ambulance.

The put her in and slammed the doors not letting anyone in. It was fast. The engine started and they drove away. The reporters swarming around even more. The area filling with the sound of the breaking news: A survivor.

"They didn't even let me see her." I cried as Taeil hyung hugged me.

yo tomorrow is my last day of online school and I'm dreading it. My mom is gonna make me slave at home doing chores. I'm so sad.

Anyway hope you guys enjoyed. I suck at writing angst, but yolo.

I love you peeps (Also so many new readers are commenting now it makes me so happy. Thank you to the ones who have been there from the start and thank you to those who are here now! I love all of you guys as much as we all love NCT)