chapter 75

Look at me keeping my promise😌🤪

Ah ro was finally back in her room and out of the infirmary

Ah ro was finally back in her room and out of the infirmary. At first it was just her and Namjoon until Taeil came bursting in eager to hold the teenager in his arms after not seeing her for so long.

"What were you thinking?" He reprimanded.

"Obviously she wasn't." Everyone turned to look at the door and there stood Mai holding Minghao's hand as she delicately moved to the center of the grand room.

"Come here love." The older woman cooed softly. She was angry at the girl's stupid actions, but could understand her anguish. Mai knew better than anyone how it feels to love a man who is only capable of causing hurt.

At first, the hug was awkward and forced, but as seconds passed Ah ro melted into Mai's embrace. Eager for a motherly love after being deprived of it for most of her life. Mai pulled back, Ruffling her hair softly, "Why don't you talk to us? Tell us your feelings or maybe what happened that night you-"

Ah ro glanced around the room until her eyes landed on a small silver frame of herself as a baby in the arms of her parents.

She had so many words to say, so many emotions to express and yet the silence in the room was louder than anything.

Namjoon sighed tearing his eyes off of his sister.

"Maybe we should give her some space." He replaced Minghao on Mai's side to walk her out, gesturing for Minghao and Taeil to follow.

"It's hard you know?" They froze at the small sound of her voice. Unsure of whether they should turn, afraid that if they moved she'd stop speaking.

Mai broke free of Namjoon's hold, patting his cheek in a motherly way, offering comfort because she knew how hard all of this must be for Namjoon too.

"I know." Mai finally spoke sitting on the edge of the bed.

"That night-" Ah ro sucked in a deep breath but the pressure in her chest was suffocating. "It all became too much for me."

"I spent the past 16 years of my life living as an orphan when, in reality,I had family." She glanced at Namjoon who had his head turned down.

"I was afraid of meeting my soulmate, but everything felt right when I finally met him. Jisung's hard to love, but not for me." She sighed. "I loved every moment with him even when he caused me pain. But he scares me."

Taeil looked at her with sad eyes.

"I was able to meet people I considered family because of him, but then— even they wanted to get rid of me."

"Ah ro, please, not a day goes by where Sola and I don't regret not being there for you and sending you away. You know we-"

"I know. But I'm afraid to let anyone in. Is it crazy that I prefer the orphanage over this?" She laughed humorlessly.

"Anyway, I went up to the terrace just for some fresh air, but my thoughts became to loud and I needed an escape. So I jumped." She said bluntly. As if it were the most normal thing in the world. Her nonchalant behavior was frightening.

"I know it hasn't been easy. I wish things could be different." Namjoon said, grabbing her hands in his large ones.

"I had to send you away to keep you safe and I always planned to come get you, but I was afraid I would scare you away." Namjoon shook his head. "Like what's happening right now."

"We all fucked up." Taeil said. "And you don't need to forgive any of us, but we want to keep you safe."

"So bear with this- us for a couple more months and then I'll let you go." Namjoon said. "You can go to college in the states or any where you want. I'll arrange for it.

"You can always talk to me Ah ro, I think I can understand how you're feeling." Mai said, squeezing her hand. "But hurting yourself for other people's mistakes won't make a difference. You owe yourself more than that." And with that they began leaving the room.

Namjoon stayed back though, he waited for the door to close to start speaking.

"Ah ro-yah?" He called softly. "Can Oppa hug you?"

Maybe something broke in Ah ro.

He seemed so vulnerable in that moment. Like he was 18 again and watching his house and family burn down. Like he had to figure out the rest of his life without even being fully grown yet. Ah ro was the last remnant of his family. And he spent the last 17 years working to protect her and avenge his parents. He never got to be a college student going out for drinks or parties. He hadn't been normal human being since their death.

Ah ro had some sort of resentment inside of her that melted in that moment. He wasn't there for her before, but she was confident that he would be there for her from now on.

Sure she was afraid to let anyone in, but Namjoon wasn't just anyone. They were related by blood. He was her brother. Her only family.

She nodded, finding the strength to stand up, Namjoon opened his arms and Ah ro ran into them.

There was a lot of building and rebuilding for them to do, but Ah ro was certain that she never wanted to hurt or scare Namjoon like that ever again.

HI BABES! I have tomorrow's update ready too :) Again spam me if I forget to post. ILY.

also all your kind words of encouragement and like "relax girl you don't have to update if it stresses you out" are very much appreciated.