chapter 33

The sky was dark, but the lightening lit up the sky every now and then

The sky was dark, but the lightening lit up the sky every now and then. Thunder clapped and a soft drizzle began over the clearing. The boys had just manage to enter the more barren area after escaping the horrific traffic of Seoul. Even the back ways were backed up. All these things only added to Jisung's frustration.

"Look it's Jeno's car." Lucas's voice filled the silent atmosphere of the car. He spoke over the radio from another car, but it got everyone to look around. Jisung spotted the car too at some distance. His heart lurched forward, they were so close, yet it was so far as well.

"We all need to calm down before we do anything. We're all mad, but if they managed to take the girls under our radar. Then they have got have more under their sleeves for us. Let's finish it off tonight." Taeyong spoke into the radio so all the members, even in other cars could hear his spiel.

For Jisung, everything went in one ear and out the other. He could feel it in the pit of his stomach that something was wrong and for the first time he regretted the Amare bond. What kind of soulmate bond was it, if it couldn't even tell him when his soulmate was in danger. He felt useless. He can't even protect the people that somewhat matter to him in his life.

The boys parked behind where the girls parked Jeno's car. Jisung's hand gripped the holster around his waist, feeling nervous he followed the others into the territory. The abandoned building stood lopsided and appeared like it would collapse in seconds.

The boys walked past the gate, but froze at the sight in front of them.

There, in the middle, was a pile of unmoving girls. Jisung couldn't even look. He turned around feeling light headed, grabbing onto Chenle for support. Jaehyun and Doyoung pushed past the boys and walked closer.

Slowly examining each girl, "Hana and Ah ro." Jisung held his breath. "Aren't here." Jisung let out a breath of relief as Taeyong ordered the boys to go look around the building, but like he had suspected it was empty.

(After the girls saw Mina)

"What Mina?" Ah ro couldn't even wrap her head around the idea as she stumbled back away from them.

"I would say sorry, but I'm not really sorry." Mina's expression was so sinister, it astounded the girls. They never knew to them. Mina was their best friend.

"Why?" Hana had walked closer to Ah ro.

"I'm surprised you could never tell? I had to wait so long to get you Hana, but then Ah ro came with us every where. Somehow though, Ah ro became Jisung's soulmate and everything started falling in place." She brushed her hair out of her face. "So I didn't even need to get you alone." She was so proud of herself.

Hana stepped forward, unable to contain herself.

"You bitch! We trusted you. We worried about you." Hana lunged at Mina only to intercepted by Seungcheol. The man grabbed Hana by the neck making her sputter and cough out gasping for air.

Ah ro ran up and grabbed Seungcheol's arm, trying to stop him from choking Hana.

"Please what do you want? Please let her go." Seungcheol squeezed harder only letting go when Hana spit up blood. She curled up into a ball on the floor, rolling over onto her back before losing consciousness. Ah ro crouched down beside her crying as she tried to shake her awake.

"Han-" Ah ro was cut off when Seungcheol pulled her to her feet by her hair.

"Mina, bring Minghao and bring this one," he kicked Hana with his foot to refer to her. "to the cellar."

Ah ro grasped at her hair.

"Let go of me." She struggled against him as the approached a doorway that opened to unfinished concrete stairs. Seungcheol pushed Ah ro down the stairs making her roll all the way down.

The girl grunted as pain filled her insides. As soon as she hit the bottom, she dragged herself away further into the dark. She wanted to get as far away as possible from Seungcheol.

"Please, let us go." Ah ro begged. Seungcheol entered followed by Mina and a man Ah ro didn't recognize holding Hana. He dumped her into the floor.

"Tie them up." Seungcheol mumbled as he looked down at his watch. By now NCT had to have known because the girls' soulmates would be feeling the pain. He smirked as Minghao and Mina stepped back beside him.

"The building will come down soon. We need to leave." Minghao informed.

"One last thing." Mina said stepping towards the two girls. She pulled her hand back and slapped Ah ro across the face making her head crash against Hana's. Ah ro let out a pained grunt as the metallic flavor filled her mouth. Mina punched her unconscious and walked with the other two.

"Bye besties!" Insidiously laughing the three left the building and got into their van where some of the members of SVN waited.

"Good job Minghao for the first time you didn't fuck things up for us." Seungcheol patted the boy's back making Minghao glare down at st his lap. This feeling of guilt was new to him, but he reminded himself that he needed to get used to it.

"Not so fast," Mina gave him a doubtful look. "You're sure the building will come down right?"

Minghao nodded hoping that it would come down soon.

Vernon backed out and drove away.

I'm sorry my babies I didn't update for a while but I was lowkey depressed that I did bad on my AP tests but eh you win some you lose some.

ly qts