chapter 68

Double Update who this😳

Ah ro POV

"Wait, what is happening? What backstory? Meeting who?"

Although I didn't get an answer, I still followed behind Minghao and his mother. I was honestly so exhausted. My neck was throbbing still from getting strangled, not to mentioned I had a bullet graze no my arm that was also throbbing, but worst of all my head was aching too. And this stupid suspense was just fume to the flame.

We stopped at another set of huge doors. There was faint noise on the other side. I held my breath in anticipation while a butler of some sort stepped forward to open the door.

On the other side of the door was clarity. Maybe I would step inside and get shot before I could say another word. Maybe the fantasy Minghao had cooked up was actually real. Or maybe the door would open and I would wake up. It would all be a fever dream. Everything would go back to normal.

The door opened slowly. Probably because it was so heavy. As it slowly swung open, the loud voices from the other side grew louder and less muffled. It seemed like a party from the sound of it, or maybe a meeting. It was probably just breaking dawn, what kind of people had rendezvous before sunrise or even at sunrise.

'Not the point Ah ro! And good does this door open slow.' I guess nearing what could be the end of my existence was bringing out the humorous side in me. Then the door finally hit the wall, it acted as a silencer. The other room went quiet. I tried my best to peer over Minghao's shoulder, but he towered over me and I could only see glimpses on tops of heads.

"She's here?" She heard a gruff voice. Who is she? Me?

Minghao stepped aside and I was met with many unfamiliar faces. I felt awkward and out of place, mostly scared though. It reminded me of my first encounter with meeting NCT. I almost wanted t laugh remembering how Ten suggested they killed me, but instead I was washed out with sadness. I had gotten so close to some of the members, but what Sola did just showed me that their love -- or whatever you call it -- was just obligation. They never loved me. They love Jisung and so they were obliged.

"Ah ro?" A deep voice called out to me. My eyes were trained on the floor too scared to look up, but the endearing sound of the man's voice beckoned me to at least take a glance. I expected it to be someone I knew. Why else would there be so much endearment in his voice, but when I looked it was a complete stranger. As soon as I made eye contact with him, I looked away again. He looked frightening. He was in a simple black tee and black jeans. His arms were covered in tattoo sleeves. And that just screamed bad news. Gathering my courage, I spoke.

"Wh-who.. Who are you?"