chapter 78

Merry Christmas :)
(unedited)

Her glass eyes never left his angry ones

Her glass eyes never left his angry ones. A storm brewed within his chocolate brown irises, but the couple remained in the same position. Ah to securely wrapped in Jisung's arm with just enough space so that she could look at him.

The duality was comical. In one hand he held a weapon that was used for destruction. In the other hand, he was holding the love of his life. And he had to choose.

"He can't hurt me. He won't hurt us." Ah ro rationed in her soft voice. "Just let him go." Ah ro stood on her tippy toes as she pulled him closer, now their foreheads resting together.

Ah ro gasped. The sound. The sounds of the gun clattering against the floor and the feeling of her soulmate wrapping his other arm around her as well. 

Jisung had conceded. But in giving up he wasn't losing, he was winning.

Jisung closed his eyes. He could feel the chains that constricted his heart loosen. He knew it was a little of Ah ro's hurt healing. Her soul was healing. He patched up a crack, but there was so much more work to do.

BANG! BANG!

BANG! BANG!

I.N. moved stealthily to get a hold of the gun. He pointed it at the teenager's back. He wanted to shoot Ah ro. He was going to die anyway.

The couple had their eyes closed, but it was I.N. who was blind. Taeil had raced to his maknae and his soulmate as soon as things were under control downstairs. He made it as I.N.'s finger danced above the trigger. Taeil pulled out his own gun, pulling the trigger before the young man could pull his. He gasped as the bullet lodged itself in the side of his head, the bullet from his own gun missing the couple as it flew past their heads towards the chandelier.

Millions of glass shards rained down on them. Jisung used his jacket to cover their heads, while Taeil took cover by the door. His heart racing. If he was even a second late, it would have been horrible.

The symphony of glass falling to the floor, crescendo'd to an end. Leaving Ah ro's heavy, panicked breathing to fill in. Jisung looked at her, forcing her chin to look at him, 

"It is kill or be killed Ah ro." He whispered. Taeil ripped the jacket out of his hands as he helped the two up. He checked them for injuries. Jisung had a cut on his forehead from the glass, but Ah ro was fine.

"What the fuck Jisung? Why were you so distracted?" Taeil asked angrily. 

"I was testing something." Jisung said. Ah to flinched. His words sounded cold. Jisung grabbed Ah rims hand and pulled her with him as he pushed past his hyung. Taeil watched in confusion.

Jisung looked back at her. "I want to believe that there is good in people." He said, Jisung pulled Ah ro so that her back was against the banister. Below her was evidence of the horror. Jisung dipped down, his lips brushing against her ear as he spoke. "There isn't." Jisung spat. Ah ro let out a small cry as the boy harshly turned her. Her eyes were met with the grand foyer that was once decorated with plants and flowers, destroyed. The marble floor was covered in blood and worse bodies. Ah ro nearly gagged. She turned her head away, but Jisung grabbed her chin and forced her to look around. "Look! LOOK! Is this the good in people?" Jisung spotted Namjoon. He was bleeding heavily. Johnny hovering over him, Jisung turned Ah ro so she could see.

"This is the world." Jisung turned her back towards him. "Look at me."

"Ah ro. This world wasn't made for good people like you- like your parents. You'll never survive. I'll keep you safe, my way." Jisung kissed her forehead, but Ah ro pushed him away.

She ran down the stairs towards her bleeding brother. Nearly pushing Johnny out of the way.

"Oppa!" She cried out.

"He's okay Ro, I gave him a sedative because he wanted to go find you even in this condition."

Rebuilding

Rebuilding.

That's what everyone needed to do. With different people, in different ways for different reasons. Metaphorically and realistically. There seemed to be just as much chaos post attack. People running around confused. Ah ro sat beside her brother's unconscious body as she wondered how these people were perfect at violence.

Looking down at where the scars on her body used to be, Ah ro sighed. She turned in her chair and looked back at Jisung who was standing silently in the back of the infirmary.

"Jisung." She said softly. Jisung sighed knowing she was going to ask him to leave or get rest. She wasn't though.

She stood up. Her bare feet went cold against the freezing marble floors. Her toes curling as she moved towards her soulmate. She stopped when she was right in front of him.

"I know what you're going to say. I'm not sleeping until you sleep. There is no-" Jisung was cut off.

"If you kill everyone, will it end?"

"What?"

"If you kill Seventeen, will it all end?"

"Maybe for your brother, not NCT." Jisung replied honestly.

"So it will never end?" Ah ro was defeated.

"You look at me like i'm a monster." He paused. "Do you even know why NCT was made?"

HEY GUYS!

I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH.

i know i have been gone forever, and this update doesn't mean i'm back to regular updating either (the good ol days). I started college this year and it had been nothing short of crazy. i always come back here to read your lovely (and hilarious) comments. i really miss this, but i can't fit it into my schedule. I'll write when I have breaks like this. So expect more updates these next couple of weeks.

ALSO shoutout to the old readers for sticking along for the ride and the new readers who started reading despite my lack of updates.
Thank you for your patience. <3

anything you guys want to see in the coming chapters? the book is close to ending :)