SEVENTEEN

* * *

"Alex? Why are you here? Where's Gabby?" Bea asked with a frown. After finally getting out of the cave, she and Ken decided to wait at the exit in case the two would catch up. The reception was bad so even if she wanted to call Gabby to know what the situation was, she just couldn't. From Alex to the exit of the cave, Bea's eyes were a little expectant but after a few seconds and later a minute, no Gabby was walking out of there after Alex.

"Gabriel? I thought he was with you all this time?" Confused, Alex approached the two and said.

"He's not obviously, he came back to get you. You went missing so he went to look for you. Didn't you see him?" Bea said again, his frown becoming deeper and deeper. She had a bad feeling about this.

"What? I never went missing. I was with you all this time, what are you talking about?" Alex defended before he sat at the nearest rock to catch his breath. There was no sign of concern on his face, his earlier timid and pitiful personality was non longer there. It's as if the Alex they're facing now was a different person. Also what was he saying he was with them all this time? Why was he lying through his teeth, he was definitely not with them.

Noticing Alex suspicious behavior, Bea frowned in displease. She heard before there was an Omega in the accounting department that caused huge ruckus at the University two years ago. Apparently, this Omega had a weird hobby. He despises people who are in a happy relationship and in order to ruin that, he likes seducing men or making their partner's life miserable as possible.

The first time Gabby introduced Alex to them earlier, Bea thought the name was familiar. Now that this had happened, she was sure that rumored Omega was Alex Smith, his name was pretty common so it sounded familiar and easy to remember.

"If you were with us then you should have gone out the same time with us. What the fuck did you do to Gabby?" Suddenly snapping, Bea rushed up to Alex and grabbed his color. Alex and Bea were at the same height but due to Bea's physical psychic, she easily overpowered Alex, almost lifting him up.

"Why are you blaming me so suddenly? I don't fucking know what you're talking about. If he's lost then that's his fault for being so stupid," Alex said sharply and successfully pushed Bea away.

Knowing that it was not right to quickly judge Alex but hearing the remark from the Omega, Bea instantly snapped. Gabby has the habit to trust people too easily, he wasn't the kind to hold his guard up when he met new people unless he was warned to do so that's why he's so easy to manipulate. Alex must have planned this from the very beginning due to the recent rumors about Gabby being the fated pair of Prince Sahib. What's so scary about this is Alex doesn't even have a reason to do this, as long as he feels like it, he just does what he wants.

Bea glared at Alex and within a second, her hand rushed towards Alex's unblemished cheeks and soon slapped surface red catching him off guard as he blinked in disbelief. The slap was too strong it's almost as if the sound echoed in his ears.

At the same time, surprised at the sudden attack, Ken quickly holds Bea in case she tries to strike again. Although a woman, Bea is a black belter, if she wants to attack Alex, it would be as easy as breaking a toothpick. Bea had always had a short temper but this was the first time he saw her slapped an Omega.

Meanwhile, still touching his cheeks feeling the stinging pain, Alex couldn't say ant\ything, he was too stunned. Not knowing what to do, he glared at Bea. If looks could kill, Bea would have been dead by now. Alex had never been slapped for the things he had done before, whatever he did he was always forgiven. He never felt the need to apologize because it was that other person's fault for annoying him.