THIRTY-FIVE

* * *

After listening to the maid's statement, Rahu barely managed to suppress himself. He was itching to kill Amir then and there but they did not have much time. According to the maid, she heard that the Eldest Prince rashly asked them to clean the room where Gabriel was being held because he was going to dispose of the Omega after he heard that he was visiting all the other Princes' properties in search for his mate. Even though Amir knew that Rahu was unaware that he now owns the King's old chateau, he can never be so sure. Additionally, it was already the right time to get rid of that Omega, he was also getting tired playing with him.

After this, he will lie low just like what the King had told him, and when the time comes when Rahu can no longer bear the burden of having a dead mate, he will once again fight for his right to the throne.

Unfortunately, being faced with the situation now, he obviously did not see all this coming. Even when he heard Rahu was on the way to his place, he never thought that the truth would get revealed. He thought that he cleaned up everything in just time. Alas, he regretted not getting rid of the maid first. Listening to his crimes from the maid's mouth, Amir suddenly felt a chill in his spine. It's like this feeling was telling him that this could be the end of him. He wanted to act confident knowing that the King is beside him but he couldn't help his hands and feet from feeling cold, as if the dead were already starting to drag him down to hell.

"Is this all true?" Rahu asked, shaking in deep anger. His blood was boiling but at the same time could not do anything. Even if he knew that the claim was all possible with Amir Sahib and his mother, he still didn't have any evidence and it'll be him who will suffer if he acts rashly.

"Y-Yes, my Prince. I-I didn't know w-who he was at first but later I realized he was the crown Prince's mate and our future Queen. I-I also know that I was going to be disposed of soon just like my other friends, s-so I came to tell you, my Prince... h-he promised I won't get hurt i-if I tell you. Please believe me, my Prince," the maid convinced. At first, she thought that she was going to be safe as long as she remained silent but she also heard that the Eldest Prince was soon also going to get rid of the maids who knew the truth so she had no choice but to gamble all her cards. If she was going to die anyway, it was better for her to at least try.

"Then lead me to the place you are telling me," Rahu ordered and the maid nodded, feeling a little bit relieved that the crown Prince believed her. However, in truth, Rahu didn't actually have a choice. He had already exhausted all his power and he still could not find Gabriel so even if the maid was lying, he would believe her anyway just to grab on to that hope that he could find his Queen.

"T-This is ridiculous! What do you want, you bitch!? What do you get from this? Money? You are clearly lying! I'm definitely going to have you executed for slandering your master!" The concubine yelled in hostility which made Rahu glance at her and shot her his soul-piercing glare. Right now, he had no tolerance for the woman so he approached her and soon grabbed her face. The woman struggled but it was useless since she was being held by Rahu's men, as well as the eldest Prince who surprisingly suddenly became quiet.

"I have been patient with you and your son for many years because I feel bad for Azhar who I genuinely treat as my brother, but you two have pushed my limits. Even with the King, I will not let that two of you off... remember that," Rahu growled filled with resentment, before letting go of her make-up filled face. He could have still forgiven the two if they just smeared his and his mother's name, but hurting Gabriel was their biggest mistake. That was his last straw. He didn't care if killing the two would dethrone him, he would definitely avenge his mate.

"Even if he's the King, he will not be able to save you this time," Rahu added and shifted his attention to Amir who's face turned dark at the remark because he knew Rahu was right. Even with the King, he will not be able to save him if his crimes were revealed to the public, that is why the King advised him to lie low.