THIRTY-SIX

* * *

The loud bang reverberated in the place and to no surprise, everyone was shocked as soon as the King's favorite concubine fell on the ground and soon the hole in her head started gushing out blood. Meanwhile, seeing this Amir had his eyes wide open. He was still in pain moments ago but as soon as he saw his mother's cold body on the ground after desperately trying to protect him, all the pain he had felt just now disappeared as he rushed to her.

"W-What have you done!?" Amir yelled, still wasn't able to digest the scene in front of him because he never thought that his younger brother would be able to do such a thing. Rahu had always been a pushover and back then he never defied his words even if he blamed him for the things he had done like breaking an expensive vase or playing a prank on the royal maids. Even when he started acting tough and claimed his right to the throne, Amir could still feel that Rahu feared him somehow and so right now he never thought that just because of an insignificant Omega who wasn't even a Mizrahillian, that naive little brother of his would be able to do this.

"What have I done?! I just did something I should have done a long time ago. I had been nice to both of you because even though you're like that, we're still family... But now, you have taken my mate away from me. My strength, my freedom, and my happiness. You took him away from me so it is only right that I take yours as well," Rahu replied, his eyes void of any remorse as his tears continued to stream down. Knowing that his mate had passed away, there is no meaning to his life anymore. After killing the damn woman and Amir, he will also take his life and follow Gabby. He can't take any more seconds in this world without the love of his life.

"You are insane! Father will not let you off with this. I will make sure you will regret it," Amir yelled as he gritted his teeth before his eyes widened when the gun pointed at him this time. Amir panicked and looked around to see who would help him but he fell in horror when he saw none of the people around them was willing to step in. At that moment, his whole life flashed in front of him. What went wrong with his plan? Everything was perfect. He had the King's support and he was sure that at the end of the day, Rahu would never be able to retaliate since it had always been like that since they were young.

"Regret? The only regret I had was not doing this a long time ago," Rahu smiled and finally pulled the trigger. At that instant, Amir tried to dodge and run away but there was no way he was faster than the bullet and so soon he too fell on the ground with his face facing it. Meanwhile, seeing that both vermin had died, Rahu took a huge sigh of relief. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. However, even though he knew that the threat had now been eliminated, he knew that there was no point in it anymore. The one person that he wanted to protect had left him.

Opening his eyes, Rahu walked toward Gabby's cold body and lifted him into his arms.

"Let's go home now, My Love," Gabby whispered while everyone was silent. Even though what Rahu did was wrong, no one could blame him. Everyone knew that both the Eldest Prince and the Royal Concubine had been tormenting Rahu for as long as they could but the Crowned prince endured that all this time. And now that the two had pushed the Prince to his limit by killing his mate, they can't blame the Prince for taking their lives as well.

". . ." Watching Rahu walk away, the royal servants and soldiers bowed their heads at this withdrawing figure, they could clearly see that despite what he had just done both his anger and sadness had not subsided and they knew they could not say anything to make the Prince feel better. And perhaps no one would and they're all worried about what their future King would do from now on.

On cue, as Rahu walked away from the scene, the King along with his knights arrived and they watched in shock as Rahu walked past them with Gabby's cold body in his arms. The King was not able to say anything because by looking at the situation, he could already tell what had happened. He clenched his fist until finally, Rahu had left. He knew that he arrived too late. Alpha's who had lost their mates are quite vengeful. Even though he never had a chance to be with a mate, he could empathize with his son and so he closed his eyes and prepared for the news that he was about to hear.