TWENTY-SIX

* * *

The next day.

"Please Your Highness, take good care of my son," I heard Dad say, looking at Rahu. We are now at the foyer as dad was sending me off. I told dad he could go and see where Rahu and I were going to start living but he declined, saying that if he came, it would be difficult for him to let me go. I helplessly sighed at that but I do understand dad because he only had me ever since I could remember. And I know for a fact that he was against me and Rahu living together since the beginning and that if I had never gotten pregnant, he would have never agreed with this arrangement.

"Of course, Father. I will not let him near potential danger." Rahu replied, puffing his chest proudly declaring his promise.

"I am putting my trust in you... As for you, try not to be too stubborn and cause trouble to his highness," Dad said, facing me this time around which I immediately responded with a pout.

"Dad~ I'm not that stubborn," I pouted because I wasn't. I was a good and obedient child growing up. How can dad say this now!? But then again, there are indeed times that I was stubborn and willful but Rahu should know that already.

"Hmm, sure you're not... Anyway, go now before I change my mind," Dad replied, rolling his eyes playfully before raising his hand to shoo us away. I pouted again because dad seemed like he was eager to give me away but I knew he's already on the edge of crying, that's why he's hurrying us to leave.

"I love you, Daddy. I'll come and visit every weekend," I said and caressed his hand since I'm still in a wheelchair and cannot hug him as I please. I know that I was only moving away in a place a few minutes away from dad's house and I could or he could visit me anytime but this is the first time I'm leaving home so I understand why dad's being so emotional.

"Yeah, yeah... go now... I still need to open the cafe," I could hear dad's voice crack but I ignored it and nodded. I know for sure he wouldn't want me seeing him cry since he's always been like that. He's such a crybaby.

"Let's go?" I whispered Rahu with a bright smile and he only responded with a soft nod before he finally led us out and to our service but before I entered the car, I faced dad again who was still watching in our direction already with a red nose and teary eyes.

"Oh and just so you know, I don't mind you finding a boyfriend. I think it's time for you to find your happiness, dad. Just make sure to let me meet him first before ever deciding on anything." I expressed and wink at the end before at last getting inside the car. Dad's still young because he had gotten pregnant at 17 so most of the time when people look at us, we looked like brothers instead of father and son. I know for a fact that he has a constant customer who visited dad's cafe every day for the last 10 years. I also know that this man had been courting dad for the longest time but he rejected him because he had me.

I admit at first, I didn't want dad to have a lover because I was afraid he would get married and have another child but as I grew up I realized that dad was never going to do that to me. I had been selfish but I want dad to be happy, and so he shouldn't feel burdened now that I'm finally moving away from his nest. It's time for dad to have someone that would take care of him that is not me. Someone who will make him happy in ways that I couldn't. Just like how I am with Rahu.

"What are you thinking, my Queen?" Rahu suddenly asked, kissing the back of my ear after seeing me smile at my thought. We're already in the car sitting next to each other when Rahu noticed my smile.

"Hmm? I was thinking about you," I bluntly replied and gazed at Rahu's affectionate eyes.

"Really? I am happy. I should give you a present for making me this happy." Rahu said again and it only made me giggle. If every time I make him happy he would give me gifts then I'd probably be buried by it by now.