EIGHTEEN

* * *

Body's shivering as I feel feverish, my head slowly turns heavy while I fight the urge to lay down and rest. With me still trapped in this cave, I refuse to sleep afraid that I might not wake the next day. I'm sure with me missing, Kent and Bea will not rest until they find me. Also, there are also the teachers who will come and check the students, so I'll just have to stay awake until someone finds me.

That I said but after a while of fighting my fatigue, I didn't notice that I had fainted due to my fever. Somehow, the temperature inside the cave had become much colder than before and it started getting difficult for me to breathe and stay awake. Additionally, my sprain was much more serious than what I'd initially thought that it's now swollen and the pain was excruciating.

'I hope someone finds me soon,'

Meanwhile,  after reporting the unfortunate event to the professors, the class activities were quickly postponed, asking the students to go back to their designated cabins while they try to find Gabriel. However because it suddenly started raining hard, the rescuers who came to help couldn't start the operation with how the way towards the caves had been blocked.

Usually, with little rain, it wouldn't have been dangerous but with heavy rain, the waterfalls and rivers tend to overflow and since the entrance of the cave was just next to the waterfalls, it got blocked by water extending to a couple of meters. Without proper planning and equipment, it'll be difficult to rescue anyone that was trapped inside. That is also the same with the cave's exits as it is connected to the rivers of the area.

"If anything happens to Gabby, it'll be your fault," Bea secretly whispered towards Alex who was currently acting concerned about the whole situation. They were just interrogated about what had happened and now they're staying at the resort's lobby waiting for the professors to finish talking to the rescuers and resort manager.

"W-What are you t-talking about?" Alex mumbled, acting innocent, making Bea wanting to choke the Omega. She absolutely does not believe this was not the vicious Omega's plot to harm Gabriel. Even without evidence, she had a strong feeling.

"Stop it. Nothing good will come out of it if we keep blaming each other," Kent said, stopping Bea. Although he too also believed this was no accident but he was also not wrong that blaming the Omega now without any evidence will only make the situation worse.

"Dammit," Bea cursed, squeezing her mobile phone within her fingers, thinking that they should've gone back with Gabby then when Alex suddenly went missing. If they didn't separate, none of this would have happened. Alas, it's too late to regret now that this has happened. She could only pray for Gabriel to be fine.

"Gabby is strong despite how he looks, I'm sure he'll survive this," Kent tried to convince, making Bea nod in agreement, not saying anything. "So what did he say?" Kent asked this time, indicating Bea's conversation with the Prince. Earlier when they realized that Grabiel went missing inside the cave, they tried to look for him on their own but after realizing that the cave pattern suddenly started getting complicated despite them tracking their path, they decided to let professionals do it instead. And of course, by doing so, they could not keep this from the Prince who especially asked them to take good care of Gabriel when he wasn't around.

"He's on his way. He said he'll find a way to rescue Gabby sooner," Bea replied after a deep sigh. She could still remember how worried the Alpha was when he learned Gabriel got lost inside the cave and even more so when she called again to inform him that due to the rain, the rescue operation was halted. On the first call, she even heard the Prince walking out of something important with how there was someone desperately calling him from the background, asking him, the Crowned Prince, where he was going in the middle of an important meeting. On the second call, she could feel how frustrated the Alpha was knowing the danger that his mate might be experiencing at the moment.