THIRTY-ONE

* * *

"He lied to you," his words rang into my head as I didn't realize our lips had touched.

"Hmmn... s-stop!" I shrieked, putting distance between us as I forced my way out of his kiss, which I successfully did except that I couldn't fully push him away. Rahu would never lie to me, and even if he did, I know he has a good reason for it. He would never deliberately hurt me. Even if Amir's words were somehow true, I don't mind. I love Rahu anyway.

"I-I would never believe your lie! Y-you're just jealous of Rahu because the King wanted him, not you!" I yelled as I hugged myself, hoping that I could protect myself from him. I don't know what he's done to make my body believe he was my fated pair but I understand why I feel so uncomfortable with him even when he was supposed to be my pair. And it was because he wasn't actually.

"Well, you're right. I am jealous. Saying that he didn't want to be King and pretending to support me! I studied and underwent preparations to take over but a simple word from him that he wanted to be heir all of a sudden, just to impress someone.!? But of course, he was the Queen's only child and so it's only given they'd disregarded all my effort and focus on the second Prince instead," Amir started, smiling at me but at the same time, his eyes were filled with resentment and madness which I had never seen on him before or at anyone for that matter.

"But I wouldn't just let that go right?? If you were me, you'd do the same. I also want to be King. That's why I followed all the conditions regarding our tradition hoping that they'd make me the heir instead but NO!!! They wanted him! So don't resent me too much, I didn't have a choice but to get rid of that one person that keeps him going," he continued to say, laughing at himself before his eyes became deadly serious and directed it to me.

"If I take you away from him, Father won't have a choice but to make me his heir. After all, I am the son of his beloved. And Shaheen would never accept anyone as his partner except you and without a partner, he could never be King." Amir finished with a triumphant smile, his expression almost as if he had lost it making me glare at him because I know what he was saying is true. I kept saying to Rahu that he should choose being a King over me but he'd always say he wanted both. Deep inside, I know even though he said that I know he would choose me at any given choice.

"So, struggle with all your might for me because after I use you, I will kill you and the baby inside you and send your corpse to your beloved Rahu. That should be enough to break him," Amir added, and my eyes widened at the remark. On cue, two men came into the room holding a small box.

"W-what are you going to do!?" I cried and struggled desperately, especially when I saw one of the men take out a syringe and a bottle. I panicked knowing that they were going to put something inside me. Luckily, I managed to get Amir off of me by kicking him as I desperately ran away.

Meanwhile, having been kicked by me, Amir's eyes flared as he became even more ferocious making me ghastly because I know I was never going to be able to run away with the chain clasped against my leg.

"So you want to have it the hard way," Amir said gravely, his voice felt like he was my grim reaper prepared to take my life away from me.

"Ack... s-stop!!!" I yelled as Amir held onto the chain and harshly pulled it making me fall onto the carpeted floor. I screamed in horror especially when I felt his callous hand wrapped around my ankle before yanking me closer, dragging my body close. I scratched desperately on the floor, breaking my nails in the process and blood smearing on the carpet but it was all hopeless. At this moment, I don't even feel pain. The adrenaline in my system made me forget about it as I desperately tried to escape his grasp.