FORTY

* * *

"Where is my Gabby? Where's my Queen?" Rahu immediately asked as soon as he got off of his chopper which had just landed on the property's private helipad. When he got a call from his father-in-law, he couldn't believe it and even until now, he still couldn't believe it unless he saw his beloved with his own two eyes. He wanted to make sure that what he heard from the phone was right and that he was not just imagining it.

"Shaheen, wait! Stop!" As Rahu was rushing towards the mansion when Mr. Ferns—who is now Mr. Wallace—met him at the entrance and tried to stop him from climbing the stairs and towards Gabby's room where he is now resting.

"Why are you stopping me, Dad? Gabby's waiting for me. My Queen's waiting for me," Rahu said almost hysterically, especially when two of the house guards were also helping Mr. Wallace stops him from meeting his beloved. He didn't understand why but all he wanted at this moment was to see his mate, awake, not lying in his bed with his eyes closed as if he was never going to wake up again.

"Please, calm down for a bit. You can't meet him like this. Please just calm down or else you'll scare him," Mr. Wallace said desperately with teary eyes and held Rahu's shoulder, hoping that he would be able to calm him down for a bit. He does understand Rahu's eagerness to meet his son after so many years but if he meets Gabby now in his condition, he'll only scare him away. Gabby has no memory whatsoever, if the Alpha comes up strong, things might get complicated. Gabby might lose his trust and distance himself.

"What are you trying to say? I've been waiting for this day to come. Day and night, it's all that I have been praying for and now that he's awake, I have to see him. I need to apologize to him," Rahu said, his voice trembling in desperation making Mr. Wallace finally burst into tears as he hugged Rahu tightly. Because of this, he stopped frozen wondering why his father-in-law was desperately trying to stop him.

"Pleaseee... Gabby had lost his memories... He can't remember anything, Shaheen. If he sees you like this, you'll scare him away. I know you want to see him more than anyone but please calm down and get back to your senses," Mr. Wallace said and the moment Rahu heard him, everything hit him like a rushing ten-wheeler truck. He was well aware. He was well aware that his mate might lose his memories, that might forget everything that had happened between them. After all, the doctor warned them about this and he wasn't even supposed to wake up anymore. But how can he calm down now? He was so overwhelmingly happy to hear that his beloved mate had finally woken up after all these years. After all the doubt he had felt, Gabby had finally woken up!

". . ." Not saying anything, Rahu just tapped on his father-in-law's shoulder, indicating that he had calmed down. Of course, he still wanted so badly to see Gabby but he also understood the situation.

"D-Did you calm down?" Mr. Wallace asked, wiping his tears. He also signaled the guards his husband hired for him and faced Rahu with relief.

"How is he?" Rahu asked calmly after a frustrated sigh, trying to suppress himself.

"He's fine. He was calm when he woke up. He asked a couple of things and I told him he was in a car accident. B-But overall, he is fine. I can tell he was still hesitant and doesn't trust me fully but he's trying to accept me and even started calling me Dad," Mr. Wallace said with a melancholic smile. Although he was genuinely happy that Gabby had finally woken up, telling himself that it would be fine if he had forgotten his memories, at the end of the day, he still felt a bit sad about it. But then again, maybe it's a good thing that all of Gabby's memories had disappeared because he wouldn't know what to do if his son was to turn insane because of the trauma he had experienced.

"Okay, I understand. I'm glad he's fine. Has the doctor come to check on him yet?" Rahu said in relief before asking in worry.

"Yes, the doctor has already checked him so you don't have to worry." Mr. Wallace informed, earning another sigh of relief from Rahu.