TWENTY-SEVEN

* * *

"How's work?" I asked as soon as I saw Rahu walking towards me. It's been 3 days since Rahu and I started living together and so far so good even though he had become busier than before. He still tried to give me as much attention as he could and we would still no-fail eat every meal together, except maybe breakfast. But... of course it has been just a few days so I don't know for sure for how long would he be able to keep that up since the wedding and the preparation for his succession of the throne has made him even busier as the date came close. Thankfully, he didn't have to go anywhere and he could work in his office at home.

As for me, since my injury has not healed yet, everyone refrained me from going to class especially since I'm pregnant and I could accidentally hurt myself again. I have already been excused for as long as I needed but in order for me to not miss a thing in my classes, the university would provide me learning materials by the end of the week and would give me exercises as well. So I'm not just lazing around the house when Rahu's working since I'm actually busy with my own things. And if I'm not, I would be watching TV or pestering Bea by face timing her in the middle of her training.

One reason I had agreed with staying at home as well was because Bea was already starting with her training for taekwondo and she won't be able to attend most of our class as she was excused for being an athlete. And Kent, he had always been busy with his studies and part time job so with them not around to help me who was pregnant and still injured, it was for the best that I stay home until I could stand on my own without accidentally falling.

"I don't think the number is dropping down," Rahu replied before suddenly leaned down to me instead of sitting beside me. I was confused for a quick second before he picked me up on his arm without a sweat and sat on the couch with me on his lap. I blinked my eyes unable to believe what he just did but I soon giggled watching him bury his face against my chest, as always his warm palm slithered inside my clothes and caressed my stomach.

"Yeah? But you still have time to do this with me every day," I chuckled.

"Of course, this is my time to recharge. If I don't do this at least, I won't be productive for the rest of the day," Rahu replied. He sounded like pouting but I do understand him because it's the same for me as well. To be honest, I never thought that we would be separated like this when we're finally living together. I thought that since we're now living together, we would be together 24/7 but all of that was just my wishful thinking because we barely see each other in the house since most of the time, he was in his office. Of course, I could have visited Rahu whenever I want but that would distract Rahu from his work so I limited my visit to once in the morning and once in the afternoon. For now, that should be enough because we still get to see each other during lunch break and afternoon break like at this moment.

"I have been so busy that we don't even have the time to make love... I don't want this to be taken away from me as well," Rahu added and this time he sighed. Aside from him being busy, we were also purposely avoiding the naughty. After all, my leg wasn't healed yet. My condition had ruined both our fantasies just when we were truly looking forward to the time when we could finally live together and have the unlimited time to love each other. But it's a given that we haven't given up yet. Everything was just starting and we knew that this was just temporary because we still have a lifetime together once we officially got married.

"Well, do you want me to help you?? I can do some light things to help you ease your work," I suggested, combing Rahu's hair using my fingers. I feel bad for him because he had so many responsibilities on his shoulder and as his soon-to-be lifetime partner, I want to be able to help ease up his burden even just a little.