THIRTY

* * *

Slowly gaining my consciousness, I woke up alone in the middle of a king-size bed with a massive headache. I groaned in discomfort as I had yet to fully register everything in my mind but I soon as I did, my eyes shot open remembering the last memory I had.

'I was kidnapped by Alex.' My thoughts screamed in panic as I remembered his face at the cafe.

I hastily looked around in the unfamiliar room, anxiously thinking maybe my enemy was just around. Thankfully, there was no one around but me. I was relieved for a brief moment, but I had no time to relax as I quickly tried to get off of the bed. However, my expression turned ghastly pale when I found out something was wrapped around my ankle. With wide eyes, I felt even more panicked to know that I am shackled to the bed unable to get out of this room. The terrifying noise that the metal object created whenever I moved sounded deafening.

Never in my life did I imagine I was going to experience this kind of thing.

"S-Somebody... Somebody, please help!" I screamed even though I knew it was hopeless. My tears began to build up until it started streaming down as I tried to take off the shackles but it was useless. It was so tight and restraining that without the key to it, I'd never be able to take it out unless I cut off my leg.

"Somebody! Please... let me out!" I screamed again between my sobs, hoping that someone would come and help me even though I knew it was hopeless.

"Please... j-just let me out..." I muttered, crying. Questions flooded my mind. When I got rescued from the cave, Rahu, Bea, and Ken told me that it was all Alex's fault. I never understood why he would do such a thing to me who he just met but I had decided to forget about the incident thinking that maybe there was some kind of a mistake but now, I saw with my own two eyes that it was Alex who drugged my drink and kidnapped me.

'What is he trying to achieve from this? I've never done something that's worth for him to hold a grudge on me.'

If I knew this was going to happen, I should have told Rahu that I was leaving to meet Bea. If it was him, even if he was busy, he would have gone out with me and made sure I was in no harm.

"Rahu... help me..." I whispered, sobbing. I hate that I'm helpless and have no choice but to call Rahu's help but what am I supposed to do in my situation?

Wiping my tears trying to calm down, I got off of the bed to look around and see if there was any chance for me to escape. Thankfully, even though I was shackled to the bed, the chain was long enough for me to go to the bathroom and walk around the room but not too long to reach the main dorr and the windows.

"What do I do?" I mumbled to myself, still sniffling trying to prevent myself from bursting into crying again. I wanted to be strong for Rahu and our baby.

And speaking of our baby, I caressed my stomach in worry wondering if the drug that made me fall asleep earlier would have a negative effect on it. I hope there wasn't. I wouldn't know what I would do if it did.

"Please stay strong. I'm sure Daddy's coming to save us soon. For the time being, Mommy will keep you safe, just hang in there," I whispered. Alex doesn't know and definitely shouldn't know about my baby because once he knew about it, I could never know what would run into his mind and do something bad to us. He did something like this to me without reason and he could hurt Rahu and my child in his insanity. It's better to be safe. I have to protect our baby.

Getting back to the bed with my newfound courage, I figured it was useless to waste my energy. Still, I traced the chain on my leg to its base thinking maybe I could do something to it—maybe pull it out or loosen it up—but I was left hopeless once again when I found out that it was stuck to the wall as if it was really made that way. It's like the room was made to really detain someone like I am now. I tried pulling it but it was really stuck there and wasn't loosening up even just a little. I groaned in frustration and was on the verge of crying again but I quickly reminded myself to be strong.