TWENTY-FOUR

* * *

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked Rahu, a little bit upset at the information I've heard about the condition of his coronation. He told me before that his royal training has not ended yet, that's why the palace was waiting for him to finish college but the things I've learned today from the King were different.

Apparently, it is a royal tradition that once the King has decided to climb down the throne, the most eligible heir will need to marry and have a legitimate heir. If these conditions aren't met at a certain time, the next eligible heir will take over. This was to ensure that the ruler of the kingdom has an heir he could pass his throne to. The only reason why the eldest prince hasn't taken over the title yet was because in order to pay tribute to the Queen consort and his legal wife, the King wanted Rahu to take the throne as their only child even though the Eldest Prince already had 3 children from his concubines.

"If I did, would you have sacrificed your body and bear our child? I didn't want to strip you off of your right to make a decision and choose your future." Rahu replied as he caressed my hand and kissed it. And although he was right and probably did the right thing he thought at that time especially when he initially forced the bond on me, I would have still preferred to know.

"Rahu, I love you and you know that. I know that aside from me, there's nothing in this world that you truly aimed for but that throne. Not for your own selfish reason but for your mother who raised you with love and care. If getting pregnant earlier than I planned will help you hold that title sooner, then I would give it to you. That's how much I love you." I said as I held his cheeks softly. When Rahu heard me, I could see on his face how touched he was and he quickly leaned forward to kiss my forehead.

"I knew you would say that my Love, that's why I did what I did. More than anything in this world, if left with no other choice, I would always choose you." Rahu said and that made me frown because I don't want that. I quickly remembered the night where he told me Prince Sahib told him to make a choice—between me and the throne—of course, Rahu chose not to give up both but if one day Rahu is left with no choice, I'd liked him to choose the throne because I knew how much he prepared his whole life for it. He had been dreaming about it since he was young—ever since we started exchanging letters.

"No. Please...promise me you wouldn't choose me over the throne, Rahu." I insisted as I shook my head, making him slightly shocked by my words.

"My Queen..." Rahu chanted, saddened with my message.

"I know you love me more than anything in this world but you have to choose the throne. Before you met me, you were a prince dreaming to become the King one day. I don't want to ruin that dream for you."

"My Love, you are my dream. My happiness exists only by your side. The throne would be nothing compared to you. However, I am a selfish man. I will be King and have you as my Queen." Rahu said and that made me happy even though I would still force him to choose the crown over me if he only had to choose one. But seeing that the King and Queen are rushing our marriage, Rahu wouldn't have to worry about choosing between the two anymore because when we marry, he will become King. No one will ever take his title away from him anymore.

"And enough with this topic. I only did what I think was right then. Now, I only want to fill my head with you and our future child." Rahu said, he sounded pouting and excited, making me laugh.

"Hmmn fine..." I giggled and I caressed my flat stomach still unable to believe that Rahu and I are going to be parents soon—in eight months.

"Are you happy?" Rahu asked. His palm on my stomach as well.

"I am. Although unexpected, I am happy because it is our child. I know you've been waiting for this. I'm glad I was able to give it to you sooner." I said with a bright excited smile matching Rahu's.