Belated Gift

I can't believe that 2020 is almost over!  What a year it has been!  I hope that next year is filled with happiness and love for all of you!  Always follow your dream and never stop believing in yourself!  Thank you for your continuing support of my story.  I hope you like this chapter.  It is a bit long but I think it was worth it.  Happy New Year to all my followers and new readers alike!  Stay safe and warm and I'll see you next year!

Fan Yingpei anxiously waited for Wei Ying outside the guest house he had been graciously provided during his stay. He paced back and forth almost wearing a groove in the wooden boards. When he finally saw Wei Wuxian approaching, his heart beat a little faster as he walked to meet his new friend.

Wei Ying promised to take him to Yunmeng today to meet his brother, the Jiang Clan leader, and show him around his home town. Fan was excited to meet another famous cultivator but he was more thrilled about spending time alone with Wei Ying. Especially since his overly jealous husband had to remain in Cloud Recesses because of his clan duties he was committed to.

Lan Zhan had initially encouraged Wei Ying to visit Jiang Cheng, not only as a brother but also as a Lan Clan representative to thank him for coming to their wedding. But, when his husband suggested that he take Fan Yingpei along with him, Wangji quickly wanted to change his mind. Wei Ying had seen the obvious disapproval on his beloved's face and desperately tried to assure him that nothing would go wrong.

"But Lan Zhan, he doesn't know anyone here. I don't have many friends that aren't in the cultivational circles and I think it would be fun for him to see another big city. Pleeeeeaase???"

Wei Ying begged bouncing on his toes as he planted soft kisses all over his lover's face bringing a reluctant grin to Lan Zhan's pink lips.

"Mn." Lan Zhan replied with a downward glance.

"Oh, thank you, thank you Lan Er-gege!!! You're the best husband ever!!" Wei Ying squealed as he wrapped his arms around Lan Zhan's neck and gave him a big hug.

"Wei Ying, please, behave."

Wei Ying chuckled and smiled his bunny smile. "I promise!"

Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying with sad eyes and hoped that his husband would listen to him this time

Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying with sad eyes and hoped that his husband would listen to him this time. If he did not, Wangji knew someone who would help him punish Wei Wuxian if he got into trouble.

"Jiang Cheng has already agreed that, if you are not on your best behavior, he is to report directly to me and lock you up until I get there." Lan Zhan's deadpan threat made Wei Ying pause in apprehension.

"Aiya, Lan Zhan! Hahahahaha!! You're so funny!" Wei Ying laughed loudly, lightly smacking Wangji's chest with his hand. "I forgot that you had a sense of humor under that cold exterior of yours!"