Master Plan

I hope you enjoy this update readers as I won't be able to write another one for at least a week.  This one will get your blood pumping, at least I hope it does.  I say it again as I have in previous chapters, I'm not the best at fight scenes so use your imagination to fill in any gaps.  Thank you for reading and I'll see you next week!

The above song I imagined being played during a particular scene in this chapter.  Let me know when you think that was! 

Lan Zhan's eyes flew open and he found himself staring into red ones that smoldered and blazed with pure demonic energy. There was no longer any uncertainty or resistance left in them. The confident half smile unfolding on the face of his husband revealed the final truth and Wangji's heart rattled against his ribs.

Strong arms wrapped around his arms and waist and recklessly pulled him out of Gentian House, away from his beloved. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. He watched as the Yiling Laozu snapped the binding chains and raised his hands above his head, resentful energy engulfing his husband's now larger-than-life form. A wicked laugh resonated off the mountainside, engulfing Wangji's world in hopelessness.

  A wicked laugh resonated off the mountainside, engulfing Wangji's world in hopelessness

"Wei Ying!" he screamed, pouring his life essence into the name of his soulmate.

"Dammit, Wangji!" Jiang Cheng shouted. "We have to back off! Stop fighting us!"

Lan Xichen and Wanyin both grappled against the raging second jade who struggled against their hold as he tried to go back to his beloved Wei Ying.  But Lan Zhan's energy was still in a weakened state and he could not resist the pull of his brother and Jiang Cheng.

Once they were at a somewhat safe distance, Xichen faced his little brother head on.

"Wangji! Is Wei Ying.........." his voice determined and pained.

Lan Zhan's eyes suddenly filled with unbearable tears and his body dropped into his brother's arms. His knees hit the ground hard but he did not feel it. He did not feel anything other than the rage and sorrow spreading over him. Wangji began convulsing with miserable sobs, his tired body and mind drowning in emotions that were simply too overwhelming for him to control. Emotions that had consumed him 15 years ago and he had never fully recovered from.

"Wangji! Wangji!" Xichen shouted, cradling Lan Zhan's body in his arms. Fear wrapped its stinging tendrils around Lan Huan's heart like a snake constricting its prey. From behind them, he could hear the Yiling Laozu's voice roaring in rage and hatred. They were out of time.

"Oh, Lan Zhaaaan!" Wuxian sang. "Bring me your uncle or I will destroy your precious Cloud Recesses from the inside out!" His words bit into their souls driving them closer to an edge they did not even realize they were being pushed towards.

Jiang Cheng looked at Xichen with unwavering love in his bright violet eyes and kissed him on his cheek. "Get him out of here, now."

"