Confessions of the Heart

Oh my gosh!!  I'm so excited for you all to read this update!  I have goosebumps after writing this one in one night.  I hope there aren't too many misspellings and grammatical errors.  I may go back later and fix things but hopefully you enjoy what I've updated for now.  Please share your thoughts about this chapter at the end, I would really appreciate it!  Have a great week everyone!

The song I included above was perfect for this chapter so I hope you like it.

Also, there are no pictures.  Hopefully, I have done well with my descriptions that your amazing imaginations can fill in the blanks.

Hang on everyone!!!!!!!!

Jiang Cheng rose unsteadily to his feet. He hastily unleashed Zidian and whipped it in the direction of the Yiling Laozu with everything he had. Just as he thought he had caught Wei Wuxian off guard, his eyes watched in disbelief as the Yiling Laozu grabbed Zidian's sizzling energy and casually wrapped it around his hand, admiring its pure power. Wuxian pulled violently at the string of energy yanking Jiang Cheng off his feet and dragging him sharply across the slippery boards. Wanyin felt his spiritual weapon slide off his wrist and cursed himself for being so reckless.

The Yiling Laozu looked curiously at the bracelet that contained the spiritual tool, turning it over in his hand.

"I always hated this thing." he said coldly. Without a second thought, he threw it over his shoulder and into the water.

"Wuxian! How dare you!" Jiang Cheng shrieked. He rushed towards his brother, anger fueling his body. With a simple wave of his hand and curling of his fingers, Wei Wuxian bound Wanyin's body with red vines of demonic energy. Jiang Cheng struggled wildly against the restraints but only felt the bonds tighten. The tendrils burned and cut his skin, drawing more blood every time he moved.

"Wei Wuxian! Leave him alone!" Jin Ling shouted. As his feet stepped on the dock, Wei Wuxian raised Chenqing to his crimson lips once more. He played a few quick, furious notes and then smiled at Jin Ling, sending shivers down Jiang Cheng's back.

"What have you done, Wei Wuxian?" Jiang Cheng demanded. The Yiling Laozu remained silent, his burning eyes simply watching in amusement as dozens of fierce corpse hands clawed at the wooden planks, hauling their decayed and putrid bodies awkwardly out of the icy water.

"Do you know how many dead bodies of our fellow clansmen were left in this lake after the Wen destroyed Lotus Cove, dear brother? You only found the ones left on land. Let me show you how many of our dead brethren never found peace, Wanyin."

Jin Ling froze on the spot. The oppressive stench of the corpses rotting flesh caused bile to rise from his churning stomach and his feet to retreat a few steps. He watched as Jiang Cheng strained to escape from the dark energy and the spots of blood that began to soak through his robes the more he did so. Hatred boiled up inside him and he released Suihua, charging towards Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian was impressed at his nephew's bravery.

He gets that from his mother.

Shut up, Wei Ying.

Never.

Just watch, will you? It will be over soon.

Please no! Stop! Not Jin Ling!

Why don't you stop me, Wei Ying? (silence) Not strong enough, hmmmm? If you're not strong enough now, wait until after I've killed them. Then this body will be all mine and you won't have a chance in hell to save your even your precious Lan Zhan.