Tell Me You Love Me

Sorry dear readers.  I had to wait for my tears to dry up before I could find the "publish" tab on my blurry screen.  I didn't think it would be this painful.  Hate me if you will but this chapter crushed me, too.  This may be the last update for a few days.  I'm wrecked.  Please take care of yourselves until I can return from the dark pit I threw myself into.  Hugs!  You're going to need them!

Lan Zhan and the Yiling Laozu arrived in Caiyi Town just as the sun was setting behind the majestic snow-capped mountains of Gusu. The subtle changes of color in the sky at dusk mesmerized Wei Wuxian, his eyes studying the soft hues as they walked casually through the bustling settlement. However, as the two men strolled through the streets, some of the townspeople began closing their shops early, sensing that something ominous had entered their safe little part of the world.  Others simply stared at the unknown man with Hanguang-jun.  He wore Master Wei's robes but was not Lan Wangji's husband.

Lan Zhan's gaze never left the Yiling Laozu and Wuxian was overjoyed at finally having his husband back by his side. For the first time, everything felt right.  Everything was going his way and all the pieces were falling into place.

Lan Zhan what are you doing?

Shut up, you annoying whimpering fool! Why can't you just accept that your husband is finally where he belongs? With me! Don't ruin the moment, Wei Ying!

The Yiling Laozu took Wangji's hand in his and gave it a little squeeze. Lan Zhan returned the gesture, the edge of his plump lips upturning subtly. Even the mighty Yiling Laozu could not resist that smile meant only for Lan Zhan's soulmate. Without hesitation, Wuxian wrapped his arms around his husband and kissed him passionately. Lan Zhan sighed and melted into the embrace.

Pulling away, the Yiling Laozu said, "We need to find the nearest inn. Now." The look in his eyes evidence of the need for his husband's immediate attention.

Lan Zhan led him towards the grandest inn of Caiyi, its rooms known for their luxury and large beds. Wuxian grinned as they strode through the doors as if they owned the place and all the patrons scattered out of their path. Lan Zhan clung to his side, staking his claim against anyone who dared look at his mate.

"Always the jealous one, Hanguang-jun. Don't you know by now I am only yours?"

Lan Zhan glared at the last patron who dared lay eyes on his other half. "Mine." he growled angrily, sending the poor man scurrying out the door on all fours.

"Yes, yes. I am yours." the Yiling Laozu confirmed, comforting the jealous jade. "But, you are also mine, Lan Wangji. And the things I plan on doing to you tonight will bind you to me forever."

I won't let you hurt him.

Wei Ying. Why do you keep fighting? I can feel how weak you are. There is no way you can overpower me now. The only thing you can do now is die.

I'll find a way. I won't let you have him.

Oh, for fuck's sake, Wei Ying! Why don't you know when to quit?! Your Lan Zhan is mine. He is ripe for the taking. And tonight, I will make him mine forever. Every. Inch. Of. Him.  Inside and out.

Never.

Go! The fuck! Away!

No.

What's that? I can barely hear you. Wei Ying? Are you still there?

Still here. Never leaving.