Fighting for Control

This was one of those chapters I think I was beginning to overthink a little too much.  So, I am uploading it before my mind explodes.  I apologize profusely for any spelling and grammatical errors along with a weak story line in this update.  I'm hoping the next chapter is better.  Please let me know your thoughts in the comments at the end.  I'll read all of them whether positive or negative.  I'm going to bed now and rest this weary mind of mine.  Good night everyone!

(In this chapter and those following, words in bold italics are Wei Ying's thoughts and those in just italics are Yiling Laozu's.  Also, I will interchange the name of Yiling Laozu and Wei Wuxian but will refer to our sweet bunny with only Wei Ying.  I hope this is not too confusing.)

Wei Wuxian sat on the windowsill of the rundown inn he and fan had booked for the night looking up at the moonless night sky. His fingers played mindlessly with the bracelet that still adorned his wrist, the black iridescent pearl smooth and cold to his touch. His mind tried to concentrate on what deviousness he could inflict upon his enemies but flashes of Lan Zhan's face repeatedly interrupted his train of thought.

"Stop that." he whispered under his breath. "You've lost. Why keep fighting, Wei Ying?"

His full lips grimaced in frustration. His power was growing but Wei Ying stubbornly refused to surrender to it. He should have known it was not going to be that easy to erase that troublesome soul's will. But, the Yiling Laozu knew that with every sinister act he performed, Wei Ying's last few shreds of hope would snap and soon he would be rid of him completely.

"It's just a matter of time, you know. You're like a drowning man in the middle of the ocean, reaching out for help when there's no one around to save you. No one that wants to save you, anyway." A small breathy chuckle broke the heavy silence in the darkened room.

I won't let you win. He will come for me.

And why would he do that, my silly boy? Why would the great Hanguang-jun want to save the man who forced himself on him, paralyzing both his mouth and his body? The husband who almost raped him?

Because, he knows it wasn't me. He'll see through your lies and save me. I will fight you until the very end. Until my last breath.

Do you know how quickly that is approaching, my dear Wei Ying? You grow weaker by the day. You were never strong enough to resist me. Not then. And certainly not now.

Oh, but I did, Yiling Laozu. I did for him. And only him. And, I will do it again.

You can try, Wei Ying. You can try.

I have one question, though. It's been bugging me ever since I laid eyes on your delicious lover. Do you think Lan Zhan's moans when he orgasms under me will be different from when he fucked you?

Hmph. If you think my Lan Zhan will ever have sex with you, you are sadly mistaken, my lonely little demon.

"Challenge accepted, Wei Ying." the Yiling Laozu spoke loudly.

Wei Wuxian heard a knock at the door, waking him from his internal conversation. Fan Yingpei opened the door slowly and took a step inside.

"Master, I brought us food and wine." Fan looked around the room curiously. "Who were you talking to, master, if you don't mind me asking?"

Wei Wuxian smiled and answered, "I was only talking to the cockroach in the corner. But, it crawled away before I could kill it."

Fan nodded and placed the tray and jugs on the table. "I'm sorry the food is not up to your standards but it was the best I could do for now." he apologized as he bowed.