A Romantic Lotus

Did anyone ask for fluff??  You did?!!  Well here it is!  After last chapter, I needed something to cheer me up.  It's not very long but hopefully it gives you a warm happy feeling.  Thank you for reading and I hope your week is filled with fun, happiness, and love!  Take care!

Lan Zhan slowly carried his sleeping husband up the steep steps into Cloud Recesses without one missed step. He knew the exact distance between each stone by heart and there was no way he was going to drop the precious package he held in his arms. He looked down at the still peaceful face and smiled. Wei Ying was home. Wei Ying was his. His golden eyes glowed, the love he felt for the unconscious man he cradled close to him pouring out in crashing waves.

He placed a tender kiss on the top of his beloved's head just like he had done every few moments the entire way back. Only this time he let his lips linger longer until ecstatic voices broke the normally peaceful surroundings.

"Wangji!" Xichen cried out, his steps too fast for a walk but not quite a run. "Is he.......?"

"Mn." he answered without breaking stride.

"It worked?"

Lan Zhan only nodded, the lump in his throat growing larger. Sizhui could not help but notice the restrained tears in his father's tired eyes.

"Father, what is it? Is dad......is he still......?" the young cultivators voice broke slightly.

Lan Zhan looked at his son and smiled hopefully. "He spoke to me."

"What?!" Jiang Cheng shouted, only to slapped by Huan. "Sorry." He went on in a more hushed voice. "Wei Ying talked to you? How? What did he say? Is he alright? What can we do to help him?"

Lan Zhan nearly broke when he heard that tiny whisper of a voice echo in his head, begging him to take his life. A life that Wangji had promised to protect and failed. A life that had been full of happiness but had ended in tragedy. A life he could not live without.

Without answering, Lan Zhan just kept moving. If he stopped now, they would see how weak he was and take his beloved from him. But, there was nothing he could hide from his brother.

Lan Xichen gave his lover an angry glare before turning to his little brother. "Wangji, you must be exhausted. Let's get Wei-gongzi to the healers and then........"

"No."

Xichen sighed. "I know how you must feel but Wei......."

Without letting Lan Huan finish, Lan Zhan walked on. "Jingshi." he said. He was so tired that he had no energy to spare for unnecessary words.

He could have flown his husband home on Bichen but Wangji wanted to hold his Wei for as long as he could before letting others lay a hand on him. He knew that even though the Yiling Laozu was currently under the influence of powerful drugs, there was no guarantee they would continue to work or if he could be imprisoned without drastic measures being taken. Wangji's heart would not be able to take it if they had to imprison his gentle Wei Ying with chains and bars.

He also knew he would not leave Wei Ying's side no matter what happened to him. Even if the Yiling Laozu managed to break free, Wangji would never again be separated from his soulmate. His aching heart finally felt at ease. Now, they had a chance to bring Wei Ying back to them. They had hope. Something that had been hard to hold on to the last few months.

Xichen and Sizhui had readied the bed and Jiang Cheng placed a silencing spell around the area. Lan Zhan laid the sleeping beauty down with extreme care and removed his dirty outer robes. He stroked his beloved's raven colored hair until his husband looked like a fallen angel.