Persistence

This is a quick update so hopefully it's not as bad as I think it is.  I just couldn't wait to see what happened next!  (I was also threatened by a good friend on here to write faster.  You know who you are! LOL). I hope you all like it!  The next chapter will cover Lan Zhan and the aftermath of the Yiling Laozu's shocking attack from his point of view.  Have a wonderful weekend to all my amazing readers!!

"Master! What happened?" Fan Yingpei cried out as he watched a dazed and weakened Yiling Laozu being carried through the woods by his fierce corpses. He tried to get closer to Wuxian but the corpses kept lashing out at him, forcing him to stay at a distance. So, Fan followed behind them dejectedly to the Demon Slaughtering Cave where they finally lowered the Yiling Laozu to the ground and quickly left the cave.

"Wuxian, are you alright?" Fan asked as he fetched his master some water. He was frightened seeing the great Yiling Laozu in such a vulnerable condition.  Something must have gone terribly wrong but he was glad that his master returned alive.

"I'm fine." Wuxian spat. "Damn you to hell, Wei Ying." he grumbled under his breath. When Fan offered the water to him, Wuxian slapped the cup out of his hand and rose shakily to his feet. He punched the jagged rock wall, splintering a few shards onto the ground and cutting his knuckles in the process.  Fan scurried to get a clean cloth to cover the fresh wounds but the Yiling Laozu shoved him away in frustration.

"How dare you, Wei Ying! How DARE you stop me from getting our core back! I was so close!" Wuxian wailed.

I don't want it back. It's not ours to take.

"It damn well IS ours to take, you worthless piece of shit! That core is ours and with it we'll be unstoppable!" the Yiling Laozu roared.

I am going to stop you, you know.  Lan Zhan will help me.  Somehow.

"Hmph. Didn't you hear your husband back there? He said he couldn't help you!" Wuxian taunted.  "Only you can save yourself, Wei Ying. And you're not strong enough.  You never were.  So, just........give up already. Make this easier on both of us. Give in to me, to the darkness."

Never.

You keep saying that. (sigh) I was telling you the truth, you know. I CAN take all your pain away. And, I know you're in pain. I can feel it. All you have to do is surrender and you can rest. In peace. No more pain, no more suffering. Just eternal bliss.  Isn't that what you truly want?

(silence)

Tempting offer, is it not? Haven't you suffered enough in your two lifetimes? Don't you deserve the tranquility you have longed for deep in your aching soul? I can give that to you, Wei Ying. Let me.

No.

Arghhhhh!! You stubborn jackass!!!!

I like to call it..........persistence.

persistence