Fighting to Save His Love

Greetings readers!  I feel like it has been forever since I last updated. My life has been a bit crazy this past week but I needed to get this chapter out not only for me, but for you as well.  I hope you really like this one.  I love Lan Zhan here and got goosebumps while typing.  Take care and I look forward to all your comments and votes!!!!  Loves to all!!!!!

It had been two days.

Two days of waiting.

Two days of talking.

Two days of arguing.

Two more days of Lan Zhan not seeing his husband's smile.

For the past two days, Lan Zhan's uncle Qiren had been in talks with the clan elders to ask for their help to save Wei Ying's life.   They were still debating on whether or not they were willing to save the life of the Yiling Laozu.   

On the third day, Lan Wangji made the difficult decision to leave Wei Ying's side. His heart felt heavy in his chest as he dressed in his white robes he had not worn in weeks. His tears fought for release as he pulled his smooth black hair up and secured his elaborate clan headpiece that felt too heavy. He made sure his headband was perfectly straight and nothing was out of place.

This was the first time in over a month he was venturing outside Jingshi. It was the first time he was leaving his husband since bringing him home. Lan Sizhui and Jingyi promised to remain with Wei Ying while he was gone in case he had any more fits. 

There had been three instances where Wei Ying seized over the past days and Lan Zhan did not want his husband to be alone. Each time, Lan Zhan's heart had broken into smaller pieces than the time before. A paralyzing helplessness stuck to him even though he knew how to keep Wei Ying safe during his episodes.

Lan Xichen arrived and Lan Zhan nodded to his son before taking his first lonely steps outside of Jingshi. His soul clawed at his essence to take it back to its mate but Lan Zhan kept walking. He had no choice. Wei Ying was slipping farther away from him. But Wangji refused to let him go.

He knew he was being selfish. If he had listened to his husband, Lan Zhan would be by his Wei Ying's side, comforting him, letting him know how much he loved him. His lover's words were like thorns in his heart. His mind kept hearing Wei Ying tell him how tired he was. That Wangji should just let him go. That they would find each other in their next life.

Fuck that.

Lan Zhan's thin fingers curled into tight fists by his sides. His jaw clenched and unclenched as his steps grew quicker and more impatient. He was going to fight with everything he had to bring Wei Ying back to him. Back to everyone who loved him. And, there were more people who loved Wei Ying than many people realized.

"Wangji, are you ready?" Lan Xichen asked gently. He placed a firm hand on Lan Zhan's broad shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

Lan Zhan looked up and focused his anger and frustration into a little ball. That ball had to stay small or else everything would go to hell. He needed to remain calm and level-headed to make the elders take him seriously. And, if they didn't listen, well......then.......threatening usually worked. He was not going to leave the Main Hall without the clan elders' consent to help him save his husband's life.

"Mn." Wangji answered.

Side by side, both brothers entered the hall. Lan Qiren sat at the head of the table while the other seven elders lined the sides. Lan Xichen took the last seat on the side and gestured for Lan Zhan to sit at the end of the dark mahogany table. The whispers passing between the elders were abundant and infuriated the Second Jade.