Play for Me

Depending on where you live on this amazing planet of ours you may have already celebrated New Year's but mine will be here in 1 hour!!  I almost posted his earlier but I was too busy watching videos of Yibo and Zhan's performances on YouTube! LOL. Those boys!  How they make my heart pound!  Woohoo!!!!    Any way........I hope you enjoy this update and continue to follow me in the next year.  I love all my readers and wish you the absolute best!  Thank you for being there and supporting me, you really did make my year GREAT!!!

Fan Yingpei's words resonated in Wei Ying's mind. Wei Ying's heart fought but struggled against the unbearable urge to give in to the awakening demons that had laid dormant inside him for so long. He closed his eyes tightly as the pain in his chest intensified, suffocating him under its pressure. Invisible hands that scratched and clawed at his soul demanded to be released as Wei Wuxian gasped desperately for air. His long delicate fingers threaded through his now disheveled hair, loosening the red ribbon which tied it back from his pale face. As his thick dark mane of black hair fell, he cried out in agony and his eyes opened wide. Resentful energy consumed his fractured mind and slowly took over his will to resist.

Fan Yingpei watched, engrossed in the scene unfolding before him as Wei Ying's eyes shifted back and forth from their kind and loving grey color to a beautiful deep red hue that sparkled with fire

Fan Yingpei watched, engrossed in the scene unfolding before him as Wei Ying's eyes shifted back and forth from their kind and loving grey color to a beautiful deep red hue that sparkled with fire. The internal battle inside Wuxian slowly drained him of what little golden core energy he possessed and his body swayed with the wind. One of his hands reached down and grabbed a fistful of soft green grass as he tried to steady himself against the onslaught.

Fan Yingpei could physically see the power coursing through Wei Ying's thin body as black resentful energy began to engulf him. Cautiously, he reached his hand out to touch Wei Wuxian's shoulder wanting to feel that power for himself. The sensitive skin on his fingertips tingled before they even made contact with the velvety black robes. 

But, before he could lay a hand on Wei Ying, Fan Yingpei's vision was blinded by white robes that suddenly blocked his view of Wei Wuxian and he quickly retracted his arm as if it had been bitten by a venomous snake.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan shouted, dropping to his knees between Fan Yingpei and his husband. 

His normally gentle and loving hands now shook Wei Ying fiercely in a painful grip. His golden eyes searched Wei Ying's pale face for some sign of recognition but his husband's eyes were blank and unfocused. Lan Zhan turned and flashed an angry glare at Fan Yingpei who scooted a few feet away on his backside.

"What happened?!" Lan Wangji demanded.

"I.......I don't know. We were just talking and........" Fan Yingpei's eyes filled with tears. "Is Wei Wuxian okay? What is happening to him?"

Lan Zhan did not answer him but instead returned his full attention to his partner not knowing exactly how to help him. He kept calling Wei Ying's name but his beloved did not or could not hear him, his body becoming weaker by the moment. Lan Wangji's heart broke to see his soulmate like this, lost as to how to save him.