Chapter 23: Camp Camp

"He doesn't like heroes, right?"

"No, he does not,"

~~~

After the mall fiasco, Aizawa, Yamada, and Hitoshi forced Izuku to make a visit to Recovery Girl's office to get the growing bruise checked out.

"Well, it's definitely swollen. Be glad they forced you here sooner, otherwise, it would have swelled up enough to close off your airways," she said, kissing his neck. He sighed in relief as he felt the pain subside and eventually rid itself entirely.

"Thanks, Recovery Girl," Izuku murmured, heavily leaning into his dad's side with his eyes closed, humming appreciatively as he gently rubbed his back.

"My pleasure, deary," Recovery Girl waved them out of her office, Yamada carrying a half-asleep Izuku bridal style.

"Go to sleep, baby," Yamada kissed Izuku's forehead, whispering sweet nothings into his son's ear as he fell fully asleep.

"He asleep?" Hitoshi whispered, looking over Izuku's limp form.

"Yeah," Aizawa looked over at his pale skin, making his freckles pop out across his cheeks. "He's exhausted."

"I'd be too if I was confronted by an S-rank villain," Yamada smirked as they made it to their parked car.

Aizawa just grumbled and opened the car door, stepping into the driver's seat as his husband put his son in the back seat.

"We'll drive you home first, okay Hitoshi?" Yamada turned around from his passenger seat to face the boy.

"Yeah, thanks," Hitoshi yawned, letting his eyes close.

Yamada just smiled softly at the two sleeping kids, before turning back around to look at his husband.

"I love them," he whispered.

"Me too, Zashi."

As the two shared a peck on the lips before pulling their car out and driving away from the school, a lone, blonde figure stared sadly at the retreating car that held the boy he failed.

He sighed sadly, before walking away from the window.

~~~

The day finally arrived.

Aizawa drove the two boys to the school, arriving at the buses before anyone else.

"Are you excited, Hito?" Izuku asked, he and Hitoshi leaning against the side of the bus as they held hands.

"Yeah," Hitoshi smiled sweetly, causing Izuku to blush lightly, "I can't wait."

Around 15 minutes of comfortable silence later, they heard a friendly voice call out to them.

"Shinsou! Yagi! Hey!" Mina came running in, pulling Kirishima by the hand behind her, both wearing matching smiles.

"Hey, Mina, Kirishima," Izuku smiled slightly, happy that they wouldn't be alone when some of their more annoying classmates joined them.

"Hello," Hitoshi just waved a little.

"Hey, Yagi?" Kirishima stepped up to Izuku a little, scratching his neck in embarrassment.

"Yes?" Izuku tilted his head like a confused puppy, which, Hitoshi would say he was.

"I wanted to apologize to you," Kirishima bowed his head slightly, confusing, and slightly surprising Izuku, "on the bus ride to the USJ, when everyone was talking badly about you, I wanted to speak up and defend you, but I was too nervous. Once again, Mina stood up when I was too cowardly too," Kirishima had small amounts of tears in his eyes.