Chapter 4: The first day

"Hello, my name is Izuku Yagi, I am in class 1-C, and I'm quirkless."

Silence

~~~

Izuku and friends stepped into the high school with their heads held high. Walking through the halls, Hitoshi and Mei make their way to their classes, while Izuku makes his way to Nezu's office.

When Izuku arrives at the door to the office, there's a sign that says, "Enter If You Dare."

Izuku dared.

He slowly pushed open the door and calmly walked in, taking a seat in front of the mighty rat called Nezu.

"Tea, Mr. Yagi?" Nezu asks, with his usual smile.

"No, thank you, Nezu, sir. And please, just call me Izuku; I don't like my last name." Izuku told him politely.

"Of course, Izuku, you might be wondering why I called you here If I already explained in the letter," Nezu told him, taking a sip of tea.

"Yes, I am slightly curious," Izuku replied.

"Well, as you know, I want you as my student, which is the first time this happened, so I wanted to make it special," Nezu explained to him, a certain glint in his eyes.

"Special in what way?" Izuku asked, curious but still polite.

Nezu pulled out his drawer, picking something up, then handing it to Izuku.

Inspecting it, Izuku sees it's a white badge with bold black lettering that says,

"Nezu's student."

"You will wear that on your school uniform all day, and you will be going to the USJ with class 1-A in three day time to analyze what they could be doing better," Nezu explained.

"Thank you, Nezu, sir. I am very thankful for this opportunity." Izuku said, standing up and bowing respectfully.

"Alright, make your way to class. I'll introduce you as my student during orientation, that's when you'll put on the pin." Nezu told him.

"Yes sir," Izuku said, walking out of the room.

~~~

Izuku took a deep breath in, then exhaled, opening the door for his class, 1-C.

'I could be in class 1-A right now if it weren't for him.' Izuku thought bitterly.

"Izuku! Over here!" Hitoshi waved, startling the rest of the kids in the room, as he hasn't spoken once since coming into the room.

Izuku walked over to Hitoshi, taking the seat in front of his.

"Hey Hitoshi, guess what I have to wear," Izuku told him.

"What?" Hitoshi asked.

Izuku pulled out the pin and showed him, making Hitoshi snort.

"And he's going to introduce me as his student during orientation." Izuku snorted in amusement.

"I'll clap for you," Hitoshi told him, trying not to laugh.

"Thanks, I appreciate it," Izuku told him, mock seriousness in his voice.

As they continued talking, Present Mic came into the room when the bell rang.

"HEY LITTLE LISTENERS, I'LL BE YOUR HOMEROOM TEACHER THIS YEAR! CAN I GET A YEAH?" Present Mic yelled.

Izuku took pity on the man and yelled, "YEAH!"

"Oh god, please don't encourage that," Hitoshi whispered to him.