Chapter 11: The sports festival part 4

"So, I have an idea of what I want to do..."

"Ok, that's a good plan."

~~~

It was time for the second round.

The matches were as follows.

First match: Izuku Yagi vs. Shoto Todoroki

Second match: Ikaru Yagi vs. Ochako Uraraka

Third match: Hitoshi Shinsou vs. Kokoro Todoroki

Fourth match: Katsuki Bakugou vs. Tenya Iida

~~~

"ON ONE SIDE WE HAVE THE ICE KING, SHOTO TODOROKI!" Present Mic announced, making the crowd go wild.

Shoto walked onto the arena with a determined gaze.

"AND ON THE OTHER SIDE, WE HAVE THE KID WHO'S ON THE PATH TO THE HERO COURSE, IZUKU YAGI!" Present Mic yelled out into the mic.

~~~

Their gazes both held determination.

Shoto was determined to prove he's ready for forgiveness, while Izuku was determined to win and become the first quirkless hero.

"And...START!" Midnight announced.

Straight away, Izuku dashed at Shoto, knowing he prefers ranged attacks.

Izuku didn't let Shoto prepare for his attack, allowing Izuku to land a solid hit to his opponent's stomach.

Shoto spat out a little saliva and stumbled back towards the edge of the ring. He formed an ice wall to stop himself before he went out of bounds.

He conjured more ice at Izuku, who just dodged before he ran at Shoto again.

He hit Shoto in the jaw this time, violently knocking Shoto's head backward and discombobulating him.

For a couple more minutes, the fighting went on, Shoto sending ice at Izuku, who just dodged them and attacked Shoto.

"DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT YOU'D USE YOUR FULL POWER AGAINST ME? IT'S YOUR POWER, SO FIGHT ME!" Izuku yelled, punching Shoto in the ribs.

Shoto looked at him and saw the overwhelming determination in his eyes. Those eyes reminded him of when his mother told him to be a hero.

He wanted to be a hero for her, to make her proud of him.

Now he was going to be a hero for Izuku to prove himself to him.

Shoto's right side burst into flames that licked his body.

"SHOTOOOOOO" was heard through the crowd.

Izuku and Shoto both turned and saw Endeavor standing in the crowd, yelling at Shoto with a smile on his face.

"FUCK OFF ENDEAWHORE!" Izuku yelled at him, making Shoto smile slightly while Endeavor lost his. Hitoshi snorted from his seat in the crowd.

Shoto sent ice and flames at Izuku, who just stood there smiling.

Cementoss tried to block the attack, but that caused an implosion.

The crowd was watching with anticipation, waiting for the smoke to clear to see who won.

When the smoke finally did manifest, they saw it: one of the most powerful hero students out of bounds, unconscious while the Gen Ed Izuku Yagi stood unscathed.

There was silence, before:

"AND THE WINNER OF THE MATCH IS IZUKU YAGI!" Present Mic announced.

And that's when the crowd went wild.