Chapter 21: Midterms

"LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!"

"Shit..."

~~~

"I will be reading out the teams and who you'll be fighting, so listen close! The rounds will be in the order that I read them in!" Nezu announced, unraveling himself out of Aizawa's capture weapon and lowering himself to the ground.

He pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and began reading the names. They went as follows:

Kirishima and Shioka v.s Cementoss

Iida and Ojiro v.s Power Loader

Tsu and Tokoyami v.s Ectoplasm

Momo and Kokoro v.s Eraserhead

Aoyama and Sero v.s Thirteen

Kaminari and Mina v.s Nezu

Jiro and Koda v.s Present Mic

Shouji and Hagakure v.s Snipe

Hitoshi and Izuku v.s Midnight

Ikaru and Shoto v.s All Might

"All Might...?" Ikaru said.

A large object fell from the sky and landed in front of the class.

"I AM HERE!" All Might shouted, standing in his signature pose.

"Oh god..." Ikaru whispered, holding her face in her hands.

Shoto just patted her back with a sympathetic face.

"Are you all ready?" Ectoplasm asked.

"Yeah," was chorused through the students.

"LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!" Present Mic yelled, causing Jiro and Shouji to cover their ears.

"Shit..." Jiro said, imagining her match in her head.

"This is gonna be a train wreck..." Izuku said, hugging Hitoshi's side.

"Yup."

~~~

The matches so far weren't too bad in Izuku's mind. It was the match before his and he was thinking back to all of the matches from before.

In the first one, Kirishima and Shioka almost lost, since Kirishima was running out of stamina for his quirk and Shioka's wrists were starting to hurt, but in the end, she pushed through with the help of Kirishima and she was able to send a big enough blast to hit Cementoss onto his back, which gave them enough time to slap the cuffs onto his wrist before Kirishima passed out from exhaustion and Shioka from dehydration.

The next match wasn't that exciting compared to the first one. Power Loader laced the dirt ground with traps, pitfalls, and other items, so Iida decided to just put Ojiro on his back and to run to the exit. As they were running through, Power Loader came running at them and jumped into Iida's path, cutting them off. They were right by the exit so Iida threw Ojiro at Power Loader for him to hold off with his tail. Ojiro did get in a few good hits in the end, but Iida was able to run through the exit with a well-timed 'Recipro Burst', winning the match. Afterward, Iida had to console Ojiro because he felt like he didn't do as much.

After that was Tsu and Tokoyami's match, which was actually exciting to watch. It started off with Ectoplasm releasing a lot of clones, which caused the two students to run off, Dark Shadow throwing Tsu up onto a platform before she grabbed him with her tongue to do the same. They ran for a bit, presumably to find the exit, before getting cut off by some of Ectoplasm's clones, again. They defeat a few dozen clones, Tokoyami with Dark Shadow in the front and Tsu with her tongue in the back. After defeating around 30 clones, they make it to the exit gate, but before they can exit the arena they're cut off by the real Ectoplasm, who created a giant clone to defend himself and the gate.